Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do position this support member?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
leblancZZB4U
240 Views, 3 Replies

How do position this support member?

Hi folks.  I'm trying to model a fixture that I have in my lab, but I'm pretty unfamiliar with building fabricated components in F360.  I've been opening the structural steel pieces that I want in Inventor from the library, and then just drawing the profile in Fusion, and extruding.  Now I want to add a gusset at a 30 degree angle, so I created a plane through a line on my baseplate, at the correct angle, and drew my T4x4 profile.  I can create my extrusion, and my thought was just to make it longer than needed, and use the combine feature to cut it to length.  However, I can't figure out how to get the position correct.  I'd like the outside edge of the T to intersect with the channel, but I can't see any way to get that geometry across parametrically.  Below is a screenshot showing the point that I want to intersect with the edge. 

leblancZZB4U_0-1616608624002.png

And here's a link to my document: https://a360.co/39bKDis

I'm more than willing to go back three steps if I'm off on the wrong foot, as this is primarily a learning exercise for me, so that I can design better weldments for the scientists in the future. 

Greg

P.S. Looks like this is clearly in the wrong forum, but I didn't figure that out until I posted it, and I don't see an easy way to move it. I'll repost later to the right forum, once I'm back at a desk.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leblancZZB4U
in reply to: leblancZZB4U

Looks like this is clearly in the wrong forum, but I didn't figure that out until I posted it, and I don't see an easy way to move it. I'll repost later to the right forum, once I'm back at a desk.
Message 3 of 4

Why would you feel that that this is the wrong forum?

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

I initially posted it to the collaborate forum. Not sure how it got to the design forum, which is where I re-posted it to later. My repost has several replies over there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report