Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do position this support member?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
leblancZZB4U
220 Views, 3 Replies

How do position this support member?

Hi folks.  I'm trying to model a fixture that I have in my lab, but I'm pretty unfamiliar with building fabricated components in F360.  I've been opening the structural steel pieces that I want in Inventor from the library, and then just drawing the profile in Fusion, and extruding.  Now I want to add a gusset at a 30 degree angle, so I created a plane through a line on my baseplate, at the correct angle, and drew my T4x4 profile.  I can create my extrusion, and my thought was just to make it longer than needed, and use the combine feature to cut it to length.  However, I can't figure out how to get the position correct.  I'd like the outside edge of the T to intersect with the channel, but I can't see any way to get that geometry across parametrically.  Below is a screenshot showing the point that I want to intersect with the edge. 

leblancZZB4U_0-1616608624002.png

And here's a link to my document: https://a360.co/39bKDis

I'm more than willing to go back three steps if I'm off on the wrong foot, as this is primarily a learning exercise for me, so that I can design better weldments for the scientists in the future. 

Greg

P.S. Looks like this is clearly in the wrong forum, but I didn't figure that out until I posted it, and I don't see an easy way to move it. I'll repost later to the right forum, once I'm back at a desk.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
leblancZZB4U
in reply to: leblancZZB4U

Looks like this is clearly in the wrong forum, but I didn't figure that out until I posted it, and I don't see an easy way to move it. I'll repost later to the right forum, once I'm back at a desk.
Message 3 of 4

Why would you feel that that this is the wrong forum?

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

I initially posted it to the collaborate forum. Not sure how it got to the design forum, which is where I re-posted it to later. My repost has several replies over there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report