Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help removing text from a model I purchased

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
csbrads
446 Views, 4 Replies

Help removing text from a model I purchased

I purchased a model .stl that has text on the top surface that I would like to remove , not sure how to do it, can anyone give me some guidance.  I could upload the file but but not sure it is appropriate since I purchased it.  Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Drewpan
in reply to: csbrads

Hi,

An stl file is really just a shell that you 3d print. It should be possible to modify this shell to get what you want. I

would understand if you purchased the file you would be reluctant to share it but if you could at least show a

screenshot of what you want to get rid of we can work out how you would go about it. It may be as simple as delete

faces and then patch the holes over the top of the removed faces then stitch it all together to make it "watertight"

and printable again.

Cheers

Andrew

Message 3 of 5
csbrads
in reply to: Drewpan

Thanks for responding, attached is a picture of the file.  I would like to get rid of the text and replace it withs something differentScreenshot 2024-05-11 050737.png

Message 4 of 5
HughesTooling

How have you imported the mesh? Did you just use open or did you use insert mesh, open will not have the timeline.

If you have no timeline just go to the mesh workspace and enable the mesh palette.

HughesTooling_0-1715423284377.png

Or if you have the timeline select direct edit from the modify menu.

HughesTooling_1-1715423371393.png

Now experiment selecting the area with the text. Window select might be the easiest but it does select all faces inside or crossing the selection box.

HughesTooling_2-1715423524653.png

Now from the modify menu Erase and Fill

HughesTooling_3-1715423567086.png

and set to minimal 

HughesTooling_4-1715423618240.png

and OK. You might need to experiment a bit, just undo if you don't get what you expect and try selecting again.

HughesTooling_5-1715423643632.png

If you are working with history, exit direct edit when done.

HughesTooling_6-1715423786462.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
csbrads

Thanks so much for the tutorial, it is greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report