Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Assembly joint

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
612 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 Assembly joint

I do not understant why fusion 360 assembly joint is not the same with Inventor (come on they are the same company), i would like to see how others accomplish a parallel relation ship between two component

I kinda pain in the **** i cannot even select planes as reference

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

thCapture.JPG

This is what i want to accomplish i like the base face parallel to the top face of flange but it won't allow me, in inventor it just easy just click the face and it will automatically align the face

Message 3 of 5
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

You may want to go through the materials in the Learn section. Particularly the Assemble part.

The joints in Fusion 360 are not the same as geometric mates used in other CAD software.

To assemble the lid to your to your tank you can simply use a rigid joint.

Perhaps you can also share your model, as it is not clear why the face is not parallel with one of the origin planes to begin with.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I liked to have the lid face and the stand base face to be parallel. but the problem is you should know the distance of two face to make it parallel even using the planar or rigid which is something that is not a user friendly, 

another one is how could i make a parallel relationship between two face that can move in X, Y, Z direction?

The joints in Fusion 360 are not the same as geometric mates used in other CAD software, what do you mean? could you please explain further, i am trying to learn this software since we are planning to change our CAD tools but base on my experience i could not recommend this to my bossy,

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

By the way here is the link of my model in A360

http://a360.co/2brx92G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report