Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to SVG (free version)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
VGBenjamin
330 Views, 9 Replies

Export to SVG (free version)

Hello,

I would like to export my design to cut it with my laser in lightburn so the svg format would be great to do it.

I have first find the plugin NESTER but I have two issues with it:

- It split my box but the material panel is on the Z axe and with the joins I can't rotate it.

VGBenjamin_0-1718780266411.png

- Even if I have it split how can I export to svg from here?

Then I have also found the Shaper Utilities but there I need to export component per component so not really easy because when I expert everything at once I have something like this as it keep the positions of my bodies (I think):

VGBenjamin_1-1718780450494.png

I have the free version so if I am correct I cannot use the arrange feature in the manufacture model option as it is disabled.

My example is in attach.

Regards,

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
davebYYPCU
in reply to: VGBenjamin

Create an output sketch, select and Project > Project the faces of all your bodies, into this sketch.

When exporting, I don’t think sketches can be exported to SVG, but you can export sketch to dxf.

Dxf files should be compatible with Lightburn, but I am not sure of that.

Might help….

Message 3 of 10
HughesTooling

The Shaper add in will export to SVG.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
VGBenjamin
in reply to: HughesTooling

Thank you but as I explained I didn't succeed to use the Shaper Add in well as I need to export face per face so not very handy and when I export everything at once the shape is incorrect.

If I first apply the NESTER plugin and then the Shaper one then I have the following result (probably because my panel is oriented on the Z axe)

VGBenjamin_0-1718796812683.png

Message 5 of 10
VGBenjamin
in reply to: davebYYPCU

Thank you for your suggestion 

@davebYYPCU  .

When I try to create the sketch after using the nester plugin, I have a message that ask if I want to capture the poistion but even if I say yes, all my component are on top of each other.  How could I fix this issue?

Before:

VGBenjamin_0-1718796561543.png

Capture message (in french sorry):

VGBenjamin_1-1718796592191.png

When I click on capture position:

VGBenjamin_2-1718796609123.png

Message 6 of 10
HughesTooling

@VGBenjamin wrote:

I have the free version so if I am correct I cannot use the arrange feature in the manufacture model option as it is disabled.

Regards,

Do you have access to the arrange feature in the design workspace with the free licence?

HughesTooling_0-1718798463592.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
VGBenjamin

I have the same preference screen as you do but I don't think that I have the option available in the designer.
Message 8 of 10
Warmingup1953

Why not Export .dxf and use that file as the import in Lightburn? The scale will be less of a gamble and guess as well!

Message 9 of 10
HughesTooling

@VGBenjamin wrote:
I have the same preference screen as you do but I don't think that I have the option available in the designer.

If you have the arrange option checked in preferences you should see them under modify.

HughesTooling_1-1719230888926.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
VGBenjamin

No it is grayed out :

VGBenjamin_0-1719240158798.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report