Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing/fixing my name in the data panel (and on myhub)

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
mroek
2411 Views, 25 Replies

Editing/fixing my name in the data panel (and on myhub)

First, let me mention that I also created a support case for this, but it appears this is very difficult to fix, and I just don't understand why. I'm posting this just so I can hear if anyone else has had similar problems, and if it was fixed (and how).

Now, the issue is that at the top of the data panel (where your name appears when you're at the root level) my name appears as my first name twice. Not my full name, not my user name, I get this:

f360_weird_name_crop.jpg

While this does not harm function in any way, it looks stupid and is a bit annoying. I have tried the usual stuff like renaming the F360 browser cache file (to have it rebuilt), and I have also tried clearing all user cache data under the help menu in F360.

None of this helps, and I believe it is because this error originates from the server side of things. If I go to myhub.autodesk360.com, I see this when I click on the top right hand avatar:

myhub_weird_name_crop.jpg

It seems clear that this weird name construction is stored somewhere on Autodesk's server, but I can't find any method of editing it. If I go to my account page, all is correct, with my name correctly filled in (both first and last).

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, were you able to fix it?

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
Mike.Grau
in reply to: mroek

Hi @mroek,

Thank you for sharing this in the Forum.

That´s a great idea, we may find more users who have a similar issue with their displayed name.

The Fusion 360 Team is working on it. We will keep you posted in the Forum.

Thank you and best regards,

Message 3 of 26
Pavel_Holecek

Hello,

user name is possible to change in My Account area on A360

MyAccount.png

it will open 'My profile' page where is 'Edit Profile' button which allows you to modify your name and change your image.

regards

Pavel Holecek
Autodesk QA team
Message 4 of 26
mroek
in reply to: Pavel_Holecek

I wish it was that simple...

No edits to that page makes any difference. My full name has been filled out there, and the user name is also something else (mroek, as you can see here).

Message 5 of 26
Pavel_Holecek

I forgot to mention - restart Fusion 360 after this change.

Regards

Pavel Holecek
Autodesk QA team
Message 6 of 26
mroek
in reply to: Pavel_Holecek

Doesn't matter. There seems to be some link missing between the myhub-part and the rest of my Autodesk account. If I edit my name, the edited version shows up in F360 in the top right, but the name in the data panel remains unchanged. The data panel reflects the contents in myhub, but as I said, my name on myhub doesn't ever change, no matter which edits I do to my profile page.

Message 7 of 26
Mike.Grau

Hi @mroek,

Thanks again for sharing this.

And thank you to @Pavel_Holecek for helping here.

I got in touch with the development Team and they working on this.

We`ll keep you updated about that.

Thanks,

Message 8 of 26
mroek
in reply to: Mike.Grau

Thanks, it would be great if this could be fixed (and of course it can, you just need to find the right person who knows how).  🙂

Message 9 of 26
mroek

One more thing: I tried changing my name to use the real Norwegian letter Ø in my first name (the O is really meant to be Ø) in my profile. The name in the upper right hand corner in F360 then changed to reflect this, but only for a time. It automatically reverted to O at some point, without me doing anything. The name in the data panel never changed, it showed the stupid "Oyvind Oyvind" both before, during and after the name change.

It is rather astonishing that no one at Autodesk is able to figure this one out...  🙂

Message 10 of 26
mroek

This is still not fixed, although the "avatar" on myhub has now changed to reflect the letters in my first and last name (where it showed OO) before.

Message 11 of 26
Mike.Grau

Hi @mroek,

Thank you for the update.

I got back in touch with our A360 Team and they asked me if you could may try it again now.

If this is still not fixed we need dig deeper to find the root cause of the issue.

Thanks your help and your feedback

Message 12 of 26
mroek

@Mike.Grau:

Still no dice, I'm afraid. Here's how it looks now:

myhub_weird_name1.jpg

As you can see, the "avatar" now reflects my initials OK (where it before showed OO), but on myhub (and therefore also in the F360

data panel) my name is still "Oyvind Oyvind".

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous

Hello,

I just did a quick test and if I go to the Autodesk Accounts page, and change my profile name, that changes on the MyHub side.

https://accounts.autodesk.com

IMG_6363.PNG

IMG_6362.PNG

IMG_6361.PNG

Give this his a try and hope this helps, at least on the A60 side of MyHub. This account does not have Fusion access, so I couldn't try it. 

Message 14 of 26
mroek
in reply to: Anonymous

I have tried that multiple times before, but it hasn't worked. Now I did it again, this time renaming my first name to Joyvind (no, I'm not superstitious), and for some odd reason, this time it actually worked (and thus provided joy)! Changing it back also worked, and even spelling my name with the Norwegian character Ø worked now. I really have no clue why it worked this time, as I have done the exact same thing many times before, but I don't really care, as long as it isn't automatically changed to something else again.

I'll mark your answer as an accepted solution nonetheless.  🙂

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous

On the fusion side, it is still not working. And it is very annoying. Please do fix it soon.

Message 16 of 26
trentm182

This is apparently still an issue, as I have changed my username numerous times but each time I restart Fusion, my name appears as the changed/correct entry, before reverting to the old username within seconds of initial bootup. Fusion loads -> correct name appears -> moments pass -> old/original/incorrect username tags in to stay. It's as if Fusion knows the correct and updated version of my username, and then pulls from old data to settle with the first one I entered, not even any of the alternate versions I provided.

Message 17 of 26
Mike.Grau
in reply to: trentm182

Hi @trentm182,

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Could you send me a private message and let me know which email address and username you would like to use in the future.

I would check this with our A360 Team and confirm the changes.

Thank you,

Message 18 of 26
poulanker

Hi,

My name is "Autodesk", which of course is not true.
It has been the case since I created my account more than a year ago and I anticipated that it was an error that might be solved by an update, but that assumption was wrong.

As you can see on the screen captures below, I have used the email address autodesk@ersly.dk, which is correct (this is my way of avoiding potential spamming of my personal mail account on my own domain, if the email address should ever be compromized).

F360.PNG

myhub.PNG

It seems that somehow this mail account name, has been used as my autodesk account name.
I have tried to edit my profile, but without any luck.

It is a bit annoying and sometimes confusing that "Autodesk" is shown as the owner of my designs.

Can you fix this for me please?

Best regards

Poul Anker Ersly

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: poulanker

Hi everyone,

Has there been s fix found for this issue?  I have the same problem, not affecting use of Fusion360 but aesthetically it is annoying seeing the wrong initials and name in the data panel.

Message 20 of 26
Anonymous

SO, I just spent over an hour trying to change the name on my dashboard. The problem for me was that my name was correct, but the dashboard showed some name that had been automatically generated when I originally signed up for Fusion. I tried changing the username, restarting, signing out/in, etc. Nothing worked.

What I finally found was that I had to change my *name* not the username. Even though the name was correct to begin with, the dashboard didn't sync with it until I actually changed my name somehow. So, I changed my first name to just be my initial, saved it, then changed my name back to my full name and saved it again. THEN, the dashboard name sync'd and all was well (after a little time for sync'ing to occur and a restart, and a sign out/in just for good measure).

FWIW

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report