Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit the Number of components in a model

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
245 Views, 5 Replies

Edit the Number of components in a model

Hi guys,

first of all I´m sorry for my bad english since I´m not an native englsih speeaking person.

I´ve created a Model with multiple joints.
Now I´d like to extend that model. I could simply copy and paste the components and add them to the model, but in my view this is too time consuming.

Is there a possibility, that I can say to Fusion "take these two components and add 

them to the end of the model"?

1.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mohammed.aliTDPXK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous ,

You can use the Rectangular pattern option.

From ribbon bar go to Rectangular pattern-->select the Type as component--.select Objects-->select the direction, quantity and distance.

Let me know if this helps. Do like the post and accept as solution if this answers your query.

Thanks!

Mohammed Adam Ali
Sr. SW Eng. Test
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mohammed.aliTDPXK

Well, with this I can add more components. But is there a way also to copy the joints?
Message 4 of 6
mohammed.aliTDPXK

Hello @Anonymous ,

I am not sure we can copy joints as well.

I will check with the team and get back.

But most probably you need to create joints for the added pattern.

Do like the post and accept as solution if this answers your query.

Thanks!

Mohammed Adam Ali
Sr. SW Eng. Test
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mohammed.aliTDPXK

That would be great. Thank you.

When you´re about to check with the Team, could you also ask if there is a possibility to pin the parameter table to the screen?
When I´m doing a sketch and I show the table its fine, then I`m going to extrude the sketch the table is away and I have to open it again -.-* It´s very annoying when I´d like to extrude the sketch in relation to a specific parameter...
Message 6 of 6
jeff_strater

no on both of those questions:  It is not possible to pattern joints along with components, and it is not possible to "pin the parameter table to the screen".  I apologize if that is "very annoying", but that is just a current limitation.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report