Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom font not extruding possible

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dionwales
342 Views, 6 Replies

Custom font not extruding possible

Hi,

I've seen this issue with other users, for example in a topic of 2016. I'm using Fusion 360 for creating labels on my bookshelfs with Nintendo stuff.

So I used several Nintendo look-a-like fonts like Pretendo and Spritendo. They show up under the fonts and I can add text. But when I want to extrude them, that is not possible. It says "Cannot complete extrusion". The more info says only the same.

In the 2016 topic I read something about creating an SVG and import that. So, I created an SVG file with the text, inserted it and it ended up with the same error. When this method worked, I would be helped, but unfortunately it isn`t the case. Other fonts are working, but I tried everything and looking at the communities like Thingiverse, other programms did not have the issues with this font. Also using a "font fixer" does not change anything.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
g-andresen
in reply to: dionwales

Hi,

please share the SVG for reply

günther

Message 3 of 7
dionwales
in reply to: g-andresen

It's attached to the post.

Message 4 of 7
g-andresen
in reply to: dionwales

Hi,

1. explode text

2. extrude profiles

günther

Message 5 of 7
JamesLodge01

Hi @dionwales 

Following @g-andresen's recording you can also download and install the Pretendo and Spritendo .TTF

This will make the fonts available from the dropdown menus in Fusion Text editors. 

You will need to explode the text as seen in the recording prior to extrusion.

I found something strange though: when I attempted to extrude the SVG direct I had no issue. I also checked this with Emboss and Deboss features which both worked successfully without experiencing the warning.

Message 6 of 7
dionwales

Thank you, it works. With longer words / text it is only more work than only selecting a word. But now I have a solution to get things working.

Message 7 of 7
dionwales
in reply to: JamesLodge01

I indeed discovered with the method  @g-andresen mentioned, it also works when I use the fonts directly. At some point Fusion could be more verbose in handling issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report