Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Error: Coinicident vertices may need to be welded together

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
s1
Observer
251 Views, 3 Replies

Conversion Error: Coinicident vertices may need to be welded together

So I'm receiving this error when creating my model using Form, which says "Coincident vertices may need to be welded together. Look for vertices where edges are converging together." I have inspected the form and there seem to be no converging edges, even in the areas where Fusion 360 is reporting errors. 

Attached is the affected file. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: s1

Is it your Design Intent that the geometry is not symmetrical?

TheCADWhisperer_0-1670770449787.png

TheCADWhisperer_0-1670770626735.png

Message 3 of 4
s1
Observer
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

@TheCADWhisperer Well, I think it isn't my intention to do so. It should be symmetrical.

Message 4 of 4
adam.helps
in reply to: s1

The reason you can't convert it is that you have stacked vertices along the bottom of the shape (the diagnostic is correct). In this case, the stacked vertices are tangency handles. To fix it, go into Edit Form, select all the vertices along the bottom, and click "Link Tangency Handles." This moves them back to their default locations and fixes the surface flow. After I did this, I was able to convert the form.

You can also fix the minor symmetry issues on this model pretty easily. Use Symmetry > Mirror Internal. Select two faces that should be symmetric with each other. It will auto-detect what the symmetry should be, and will move the control points slightly to make them fully symmetric.

adamhelps_0-1670862898242.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report