Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable parameters do not applies to all functions.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
damien.marragonis
257 Views, 5 Replies

Configurable parameters do not applies to all functions.

Hello, my problem is a bit difficult to explain so i will join my design. 
If you increase parameter "nbb" (number of battery bloc) from configuration table you will see the problem, it seam that "extrud6" do not applie boby junction to the new(s) boby(ies) crated by "nbb" parameter. 

Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@damien.marragonis 

I can reproduce the behavior. This does feel in line with some limitations we have in Configurations right now with instance patterning. This is an interesting idea to try and work around not being able to configure a 'combine' feature, but I'm not surprised that it doesn't work. That being said, I logged it (FUS-153949) for the team to investigate, particularly because it "works" if I just edit the extrude feature, don't make any changes, then click OK.

Cheers,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 3 of 6

the issue isn't configurations, but limitations on how patterns work, and also extra bodies not being added to extrude/join when the number of bodies change.

the primary work around is to pattern some type of feature that is set to join.  in the attached I used boundary fill to duplicate the seed body, but set the boundary fill to join.  then i edited your pattern and changed it to pattern the boundary fill feature. 

Message 4 of 6

@laughingcreek ho, nice work around, i didn't think to use boundary fill to join. 
Thank you 

Message 5 of 6

@karina.harper 

You are totaly right, i had also noticed the "technique" of entering the edition of the function without changing anything. 
Anyway it would be nice to be able to use configurations with patterns. 

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 6

I agree, @laughingcreek that is pretty slick! I'm going to have to use that...

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report