Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple joint relationships Fusion 360

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Colin.mageeXPL57
304 Views, 5 Replies

multiple joint relationships Fusion 360

I'm new to fusion 360 I understand the basic components but more complex function are out of my reach.  I cant find anyone with a similar problem so it's probably something easy or cant be done. I'm trying to make a folding brace for a table. The revolute joint I have work by themselves but when put together I cant figure out how to link them all together. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I can’t access the file, but that sounds like alignment errors.

Check that arms are correctly spaced.

Might help….

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

You have to create a slot on one side and then generate a cylindrical joint (revolute + slider).
see here

günther

Message 4 of 6

Your design workflow has some issues that you should address before continuing with joints.

For example in a design like this I would not se single position capture feature.

Mt sketches would be fully constrained and fully dimensioned.

Sketch's that belong to one component exclusively would be located in that component structure, not at the top level. (see Fusion 360 R.U.L.E #1 & 2).

TrippyLighting_0-1712759778990.png

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

I cleaned up your timeline a bit and corrected a couple of the joint motions and you leaf works pretty well.  I disabled the Rest position in the brace bend so the table would not return to upright position.  Model is attached.

Welding Table Motion.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 6

Thank yo for the help, I'm still trying get in a better habit of keeping the time line clean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report