Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Sketch Dimension Causes Bend Problems

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
xrotaryguy8TL48
230 Views, 5 Replies

Changing Sketch Dimension Causes Bend Problems

I changed the location of a couple holes in my sketch. This caused Bend1 to stop working. I tried several things, making sure lines were connected etc but was unable to get the bend to work again. I finally deleted the bend in the timeline and started over. Now when I attempt a new bend, I am able to select the stationary side but selecting any bend line causes an error:

"Stationary side is lost. Most likely due to a geometry change. This will require reselecting stationary face and all bend lines." 

I'm new to Fusion. I have a lot more experience with SolidWorks and (due to a frugal employer back in the day) Sketchup. I'm guessing there's some common mistake I'm making. I have attached the file. 

TIA!!! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Put your bend lines on a sketch by themselves and try it. I created a new sketch, projected your 2 beld lines on it and used those in the selection. make your sketches black too  

Message 3 of 6

That worked. The holes in the flange didn't come along for the ride unfortunately. Is it common that I should need to put the holes in the flange after the bend to avoid this in the future? 

Message 4 of 6

if you look at your sketch there was an extra line segment duplicated on the perimeter. that seems to be what was causing it. I must have deleted it without pointing that out so I went back and looked again.

The better you make the sketches the less trouble you will have later is what I've found. always make them black and der rid of white dots and extra line. Sometimes if i've overworked a sketch I'll  make a new one with projected geometry so I can pick what needs to be in there. less is better and rely more on constraints than dimensions.  

Message 5 of 6

Agreed. This sketch was messy. It was imported from Sketchup as a DXF and there were definitely imperfections.

I see now that making the sketch black is the same as "fully constrained" in Solidworks. Got it. Thanks!! 

Message 6 of 6

yes exactly, except there isn't a helpful fully define button

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report