Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Move rectangle up.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3029 Views, 11 Replies

Cannot Move rectangle up.

Hi,

I cannot move a rectangle up but i can do it with a circle.

A have made a screencast to explain the issue.

https://autode.sk/2zAv7Ky

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

Moving sketch items away forth sketch plane is not a good idea at this time as the 3D sketch functionality is limited.

It's best to create an offset construction plane and create the new sketch geometry on that construction plane.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
lichtzeichenanlage

I guess you've auto-constrained the corners

Message 4 of 12
mavigogun

This is all about reflexive "constraints" imposed when Sketching elements relative to the Origin- one of the reasons I frequently avoid the Origin when creating Sketch elements, only manually Constraining to Origin as a "last step" by Dimensioning or by employing a Construction element.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Hi, thanks for your reply's

So if i get you right, im just doing it wrong then?

Thx 🙂 

Message 6 of 12
mavigogun

@Anonymous wrote:

So if i get you right, im just doing it wrong then?

No, not at all- you just ran into an invisible something you couldn't intuit.  Either Sketch the Rectangle without clicking on the Origin, or on the existing Rectangle right click the Origin and select Delete Coincident and you will be able to move the element as you wished.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: mavigogun

Thanks a lot, i just have made a screen cast for other beginners who could have the "issue"

Thanks 🙂

https://autode.sk/2zvcaZz

Message 8 of 12
lichtzeichenanlage

I like the effort you're bringing to this forum / thread. But I've to agree with @TrippyLighting. If you just want to loft between two profiles this is a bad way (and because of this not a good example for beginners). What you should do is:

• Create a sketch with you base profile
  • Create an offset plane
  • Create a sketch with the second profile
  • Loft it

By using 3d geometry you're ending up with not fully defined sketches, that will hurt you later if you e.g  want to change things. 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: lichtzeichenanlage

Thanks a lot!

I just screencasted it and it indeed way more clear and easy. https://autode.sk/2SMcWdz

now that is have seen this, little bonus? which key do i have to presse to rotate my rectacle onece lifted to create a "twisted" cube.

Thx,

Message 10 of 12
davebYYPCU

Why Loft? You can Extrude 65 high, much easier.

A. That would be Sweep, with Twist.

One sketch, and a vertical centre Line.

Might help....

Message 11 of 12
lichtzeichenanlage

Here is the loft based solution. Again - I'm not using the move. I've constrained my bottom square to the center and used the 3-Point-Rectangle tool to create a rotated square and constrained it again into position by using a construction line.

The sweep based solution is uploading.

Message 12 of 12

Here is the sweep based solution. I started again with a square constrained to the center. and in a 2nd sketch I've created the path on the yz plane. Sweep is doing the rest. The advantage of this way is, that it works with complex shapes and pathes (e.g. bended pathes) and that you can create more than just one turn. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report