Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use boundary fill tool for coincident edges.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
gallenpro
62 Views, 0 Replies

Can't use boundary fill tool for coincident edges.

Hello everyone. I posted a similar issue I think last week concerning issues with the combine tool for coincident edges, a wise gentleman told me to use the boundary fill tool. Alas, for a different part, I'm having a similar issue but with boundary fill instead.

I used loft to seal the holes and I was hoping Fusion would treat the object and lofts as a single solid object rather then a hollow object with the holes covered up, but I don't think it works that way. I tried using the solid loft to connect the two lofts on the top and bottom to create a solid body and tried using both solid bodies with boundary fill, but this also did not work because they were coincident edges. Just like on my previous post I cannot merge these two bodies together because they are coincident rather than intersecting.

I also cannot use boundary fill for one body and then use the other body in a different action because of the same issue: they are coincident instead of intersecting.

I think the fact that Fusion cannot work with coincident edges makes the program problematic for designing molds but that's another issue.

Any help would be appreciated, I apologize for having to come back here I don't like feeling like I'm filling the forum with trivial issues.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report