Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decal Problem

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
itMKCV2
320 Views, 6 Replies

Decal Problem

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue applying a decal to a custom shape. The shape was imported as a DXF file and extruded to the height needed. 

When I apply the decal and try to resize it to fit the body object it will not let me move it far enough down to fit.

I have worked with custom shapes like this in the past and had no issue applying a decal, but this one is giving me issues for some reason.

Attached is a video to help show my problem.

Thanks for any help provided.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jhackney1972
in reply to: itMKCV2

Please attach your model and the DECAL image. 

If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
itMKCV2

Here is the file attached.

Message 4 of 7
Warmingup1953

Can you also add the decal file. How was that decal file created?

Message 5 of 7

By creating an offset Body I have managed to scale and position but there seems to be a mismatch in dimensions or aspect ratio:award.jpg

Message 6 of 7

Using a simple rectangular blend jpg I think you can achieve the desired results:Award2.jpg

The Blend I used from an online creator:

Create_a_Gradient_-_Coolors.jpg

Message 7 of 7
itMKCV2

Thank you to all that responded. This was a big help.

I was able to fix my issue by resizing my decal to have more space around it before saving it in CorelDraw. This gave me more room to move the decal around while it was in Fusion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report