Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camouflage Paint, and Clear Epoxy Coat?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ezsleep3000
166 Views, 2 Replies

Camouflage Paint, and Clear Epoxy Coat?

Hey folks,

I've searched the forum and web and can't seem to find a good source that shows you how to make a camo pain pattern. 

My other question is how do you put a thin, clear epoxy or oil coat on something. I'm trying to add a small coat to a brushed steel column and I can't figure to how to do it. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Drewpan
in reply to: ezsleep3000

Hi,

One way you could put your camo pattern on is to simply cover it with a Decal.

Drewpan_0-1716247978324.png

This would not be a perfect solution but it does wrap around a model and the edges.

I am pretty sure, but not certain, that you could also create your own surface if you choose an Appearance and then

Edit it in the Advanced options. I have a vague memory that you can insert an image to do this. I may be wrong here

it has been a long time since I looked at this.

Drewpan_1-1716248492402.png

In terms of a clear finish, what are you hoping to achieve? The finish would be clear so you would not actually see it.

Any weight calculations you have would be negligible unless the model was huge.

If you are trying to simply achieve a shiny finish then set your Material to what you want but set your Appearance

to something like the finish you want.

Cheers

Andrew

Message 3 of 3
ezsleep3000
in reply to: ezsleep3000

Thanks for all of your help! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report