Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic spline?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
philip.wright9ZCEG
248 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic spline?

How can I have a spline so that it adjusts proportionally when the size of a dynamic rectangle is changed?

In the attached test spline I would like the spline to adjust relative to the rectangle when the user parameter h or w are changed. i.e. the size and position of the spline changes along with the rectangle.

I can see one possible route: create a grid of construction lines where the spline points are coincident with the grid intersections. However I cannot fathom how to then adjust the grid proportionally within the rectangle.

Is that along the correct lines or is there a better way?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I have it working. I created a grid of construction lines which moved relative to the height and width of the rectangle, and made the spline points coincident with the grid intersections. See attached.

Not elegant. Difficult to look at. But it works. 

Message 3 of 3

I unmarked your post as the solution because:

1. It isn't the solution because your sketch is not fully defined.

2. Generally, marking your own comments is considered bad style, at least for folks new to the forum.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report