Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C Pattern Error when trying to create 'modeled' threads.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
500 Views, 15 Replies

C Pattern Error when trying to create 'modeled' threads.

I keep getting this error when trying to create 4 threaded holes with circle pattern, only when using "modeled" threads option.

(The selected faces do not form a patternable object. Try adding or removing from the selection)

Also, what's kind of strange is that last night, I'm almost sure I got it to work with three holes, but now it is not working at all.

If I try using features option, nothing at all happens.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

In my Screencast you can see the modeled threaded holes patterns as expected.  I suggest you attach your model that is present you the error so the forum users can troubleshoot your issue.  If you do not know how to attach your model, open it in Fusion360, select the File menu and then choose Export and save the .F3D file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a reply forum post to attach it.

Attachment.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 16
jeff_strater

it seems to work in a simple case.  Can you record a screencast of what you are doing, and share the model here?

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 16
g-andresen
in reply to: jeff_strater

Hi,

that´s what I see using the hole tool:

feature identical.png

circle > extrude cut > thread  > works fine!

günther

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Hi, here are some pictures trying the feature and face type, when i use feature nothing happens, and when i use faces i get the error. thanks for the support. 

f3601.pngf3602.pngf3603.pngf3604.png

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

I've tried trying different methods of creating the hole, different sizes, different threads.

The strange thing is like i had mentioned, was that at one point i was able to do at least 3 holes modeled threads, and now i cant do any.

Message 7 of 16
TheCADWhisperer

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 8 of 16
jhackney1972

It seems like you are losing your center axis reference.  You really need to attach your model as per my instructions in my earlier post.  With the model the forum users can give you a better answer.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 9 of 16
g-andresen

Hi,

You have to mark all the faces of the thread.

faces selected.gif

This is best done with a window selection.

günther

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

ok so here is the file.

sooooo, this is really weird, because since i left the computer and came back to create this file, it now does the C pattern with the holes but excludes the threads from the copied 3 holes. where as before it was giving me the error regardless and creating no holes.

first attechment is - create threaded hole - pattern - thread 3 holes

the second attachment is, drawing - extrude - thread - pattern - error

i am new, so excuse the noobness

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

i can get it work like this now, but have to add the threads to the copied holes.

Message 12 of 16
g-andresen

Hi,

1. As I have already written above (#4), the error only occurs with the "Identical" option.
2. follow my post #9

günther

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: jeff_strater

so, here is the strange thing, last night i could not get C pattern to work like this at all, today i can get it to do the C-pattern and create the holes, but the threads aren't copied to the holes. i have to edit them in afterwards.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

yes i am making sure of that

Message 15 of 16
g-andresen

Hi,

You have created the hole and thread separately.

Then you must also select 2 features for the pattern.

adjust feature.png

günther

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

this is what i am actually working on

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report