Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birdhouse Castle

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
hollandc12FE5WE
314 Views, 5 Replies

Birdhouse Castle

Good afternoon,

I am hoping someone can assist me with my project. I am attempting to make a birdhouse. I would like the exterior walls of the birdhouse to be embossed (recessed) in brick (brick size approximately: 1.25" x 0.375"). If possible, I would also like each brick to have a chamfer edge. I am stumped on how to do this with the contour of the exterior walls. Can anyone please take the time to point me in the direction I need take?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Regards, Chase   

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Will you 3D print? Do you have a reference photo that gave you inspiration?

Update: I haven't seen an Inspiration photo yet but I believe in the end better results will be gained using an Arc base derivation of your design. The Loft version certainly had issues when Embossing it. I've attached my derivative:

bath.PNG

Message 3 of 6

This can be done with the sheet metal tools, but it isn't trivial and is not a beginner project.

You'll have to make some compromises on the size and consistency of the bricks.

However, this will absolutely not work  without fully dimensioned sketches and a little bit of math!

If you have patience and are up for the challenge we can start.  

EESignature

Message 4 of 6

I think there's progress here creating "facade Bricks" but I won't go further until I see a reference or a hand sketch

bricks.PNG

Edit Chamfered:

Chamfer.PNG

Message 5 of 6

Birdhouse44.jpgBirdhouse44a.jpg

Message 6 of 6

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report