Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Standard steel

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
494 Views, 1 Reply

Australian Standard steel

Hey all,

I'm hoping somewhere there is an Australian Standard for steel library I can download from somewhere for Fusion 360?

The material weights and appearances are all wrong and I was hoping to not have to customise anything as it is quite time consuming.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

You can find DXF drawings that can easily be imported into Fusion 360 at this website.  They create the DXF as a composite of all sizes for similar sections.  After using the "Insert DXF" command, you will see a lot of sketches drawn on top of each other, with a common reference.  Simply turn off the ones you do not want.  Once you find the sketch, you can extrude it to the length you need.  I do not know Australian Steel from a hole in the ground so I hope the sketch names can assist your selection.  Here is a screen capture of some of the equal leg angles to show you what I mean.

Steel Section.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report