Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice. V-22 Osprey aircraft

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cdotrodrigues
346 Views, 5 Replies

Advice. V-22 Osprey aircraft

Hello all,

I would like to model a V-22 Osprey aircraft. I have some high quality canvases. What would be the best approach to model with the final objective of 3D printing using Fusion 360? Some pictures in attach. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

How many projects involving complex lofts and / or T-Splines have yo completed in Fusion 360?

Can you provide some example models, so we can assess where you are skill wise? 

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

I made some exercises with t-splines and lofts but my experience with T-Splines and surfaces is not much. Made simple things like vases, some rc parts like naca intakes, propellers... but nothing complex.

Message 4 of 6

some things I´ve made using loft1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg1.png5.png1.jpeg

Message 5 of 6
davebYYPCU
in reply to: cdotrodrigues

Start with a common Datum for the Canvass,

size is first consideration, build 1:1, scaling and resizing is not a smooth operation after the fact.

Build one and mirror the other side.

Build outlines first and add detail later.

Might help...

Message 6 of 6

@cdotrodrigues I think you've got enough experience to dive right in!

I see you posted this on the Fusion 360 facebook group as well. Someone mentioned that this looks like individual shapes blended together. That is correct!

I made a  video on a simpler example a while ago that was also based on a Forum post.:

If you are going to attempt doing some, or all of it with T-Splines I can recommend Gichi Endo'syoutube channel. He is a professional vehicle designer and  it shows in his videos.

Also I would recommend Arrimus 3D for Sub-D modeling, which is very close to modeling with T-Splines. He uses different software tools (mostly 3DS Max, some Blender) , but the general concepts still apply.

I would agree with the one poste (Andreas Los Del Tripos) on the Facebook group that modeling with T-Splines (Or Sub-D) can take a while top learn, but IMHO it  is a very good skill to have! it's also a lot of fun.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report