Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 4 update: AddIn Start Failed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
etfrench
656 Views, 5 Replies

June 4 update: AddIn Start Failed

---------------------------
Fusion 360
AddIn Start Failed: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/ProgramData/Autodesk/ApplicationPlugins/SlicerforFusion360.bundle/Contents\packages

\Fusion360CommandBase.py", line 186, in onRun
newControl_ = toolbarPanelTwo_.controls.addCommand(commandDefinition_, '', False)
File "C:/Users/------/AppData/Local/Autodesk/webdeploy/production/d114930713fc09ae573cf2ada6f60182d13cd0ed/Api/Python/packages\adsk\core.py", line 13238, in addCommand
return _core.ToolbarControls_addCommand(self, *args)
RuntimeError: 2 : InternalValidationError : res

OK

ETFrench

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JeromeBriot
in reply to: etfrench

The Slicer add-in works fine on my machine with the lastest version of Fusion 360

How did you install this add-in? The install path is not the same as the one on my computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Slicer for Fusion 360\bin

Message 3 of 6
etfrench
in reply to: JeromeBriot

Most likely from the app store Smiley Happy

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

@etfrench Hey I was getting the same error message.  I remembered going into Preferences/Preview and ticking the 'UI Preview' after Fusion 360 updated, so I could try out the Tabbed controls.  It was after this that the error started but I was thinking it was the new version.  I went back and turned off/disabled the 'UI Preview' and the error went away.  Give that a try and see if it fixes your error.  If it does then something in the UI Preview is interfering with the Slicer plugin.

Please keep us update.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
nnikbin

On my Windows computer with June 4 update, Slicer For Fusion 360 works fine with both UI Preview and default UI.

Message 6 of 6
mklotz70

I was having this same issue and couldn't seem to find an answer that worked for me.  Since I don't do much 3D printing and I have it sent to Cura anyway, I opted to shut off the slicer at start up.  These are the clicks I did. 

manufacture workspace
utilities tab
add-ins tab
scripts and add-ins
When box pops up...add-ins tab
click on Slicer for Fusion 360
uncheck Run on Startup

closed out fusion and started it back up again....error gone.

I can finally go back to starting Fusion and walking away while it's starting without having to wait to click on the error box.

Don't have to be too bright to be me!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report