Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slicer for Fusion 360

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3647 Views, 9 Replies

Slicer for Fusion 360

Hi Autodesk Team,

The Fusion 360 app is no longer available at the Autodesk App Store, is that a reason for that?

I have been using it quite a bit in class and I was hoping my students would be able to play with it. Any chance it might be back online again?

Kind regards,

Luca

Auckland University of Technology Team

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
PropChad
in reply to: Anonymous

More than likely was taken down because it hasn't worked within Fusion360 for some time, since they overhauled the UI in Fusion360. It would cause a crash and kept trying to have you log into your account.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: PropChad

I used it yesterday - and it works.

I wonder why they would take it down.

Message 4 of 10
PropChad

You used it bridged to Fusion360? Many if not most users were affected by its bug, losing work with a crash without saving. Some were able to use the slicer by itself. I have a working copy on my old machine, but was unable to get a new install working on my new rig due to this bug of it asking for you to log in and then shutting down afterwards.
I'm hoping that maybe they are including the slicer into Fusion360, but I still believe it's because of the issues people had with it and the updated Fusion360 UI.

Message 5 of 10
s.bassett

Is there a fix for this, We use fusion a lot in our university works (CNC) and I am having the same problem trying to add a slicer. Is there a different add on now or has it been integrated into fusion. Any feed would be very much appreciated as this is a tool we really need.

Message 6 of 10
jodom4

Hi Luca,

The app was removed from the store because a predetermined amount of time lapsed since we stopped developing it. Here's a post by the Product Manager explaining what we're doing: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/slicer-for-fusion-360-topics/td-p/8460043

We're going to host it for download through the Autodesk Knowledge Network, and we'll make a post on the forums showing people where to go. We should have this ready to go this week sometime.

In the meantime, you can follow this link to download it. Note that this link will expire on Sept. 12, 2020, but by then it will be up on the knowledge network: https://myshare.autodesk.com/:f:/g/personal/jonathan_odom_autodesk_com/EhgkKdQ4GUBOlZpdTXKs_dMBIwf2B...

Jonathan Odom
Community Manager + Content Creator
Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 10
s.bassett
in reply to: jodom4

Thanks for the links, we really appreciate the help.

best stephen 

Message 8 of 10
keqingsong

Hey there - here is the official AKN article with the last stable release: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/downloads/caas/downloads/content/slicer-for-fusion...

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jodom4

Hello ,
I was unable to download the slicer version until September 12th.
Is it possible to retrieve a link?
I thank you in advance..
I have a great use of slicer for my work.
Is it possible to use an older version of fusion360?
With the latest version it doesn't work anymore .. I'm really looking for a solution ..
thank you in advance
Paul

Message 10 of 10
g-andresen

Hi,

try the link in #8  of @keqingsong 

günther

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report