Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2021 Product Update - Notices, Known Issues, and Fixes

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
keqingsong
2467 Views, 15 Replies

July 2021 Product Update - Notices, Known Issues, and Fixes

What's New in July 2021 | V.2.0.10440
___

Known Issues and Fixes  

Data 

marcKCKSJ told us about an issue where he wasn’t able to open his SolidWorks designs with the File > Open method. Instead of going through a cloud translation process (which is the typical path for opening SolidWorks files), he got an error message saying that opening the file was not supported. This shouldn’t happen, and now we got this issue sorted. Thanks markKCKSJ for reporting the issue!  

Sketching & Modeling 

Mesh known issues:  

• Upload 3mf is supported (does not make a f3d file) 
  • 3mf inconsistency: open gives component hierarchy, insert gives single component with multiple bodies 
  • Appearance and physical material are not exported as color information in 3mf 
  • Mesh bodies are not supported 
    • as an input to Assemblies in Design workspace 
    • in Simulation workspace 
    • in Drawing's workspace 
    • in Generative Design workspace 
  • "Compute all" for designs that contain mesh data, may end up with different mesh outcomes. 
  • Create face groups features are not designed for scan data meshes 
  • The accurate mode of create face groups is not designed to find boundaries between complex curved surfaces 
  • Face group information stored in obj files is not loaded into Fusion​ 360 

Got feedback for Mesh? Tell us here

Fixes: 

• MaxHugen was trying to move a sketch in his design where he noticed that the Move/Copy command was behaving erratically. When he tried to move the sketch along the X axis with the arrow manipulator, the sketch would also move along the Y axis for no good reason. We dug into this and found the bug that was causing this behavior – now it is fixed.  
  • DCmotofan91 told us that when he was using the centerline as a construction line for circle diameters, scaling the sketch based on the centerline didn’t scale the sketch correctly. He also told us that this was occurring with the "scale entire sketch at first dimension" preference turned on. We’re happy to say that we squashed this bug and scaling from a centerline should now work properly.  
  • Our support team ran across a report where you told us that Fusion 360 froze when you tried to snap a midpoint point to specific sketch geometry. We ran some tests and tried a few scenarios to narrow down the culprit, and caught the nasty bugger. Now this issue no longer exists.  
  • We fixed an issue where editing a sketch while you were in the Edit-in-Place mode was causing Fusion 360 to hang. Turns out projecting a curve onto a body in an active Edit-in-Place session was attracting bugs like leaving half eaten fruit out in the open.
  • Some of you have been experiencing issues with opening certain assembly designs. Instead of the assembly design opening like before, you saw an error message saying something like “Fusion 360 cannot perform this operation”. Sorry about this; after a long investigation into the issue, we’re happy to say that we have sorted this out.   
  • Apparently if you created a Sweep feature with “Path and Guide Rail” type, committed the Sweep and then proceeded to Invoke the Sweep feature again caused the Guide Rail selection option to suddenly disappear. How rude; this is now fixed.   

Electronics 

Fixes:  

• Tiksom used the Fusion 360 library editor to create devices and map 3D models. After using the parts to layout his design, the 3D models would appear in the 3DPCB, but an error message appeared stating no 3D model for packages he recently mapped. We had a few other forum participants report similar problems. The team of developers has found the problem and addressed it in our latest update. Participants of the forum have informed us that it has been fixed and working as expected. 
  • Pbengtsson reported that the PLCC package template in the Fusion 360 library editor would give him an error message when trying to create a 32 pin PLCC. Our team of developers discovered there was some validation issues with this particular template. This has been addressed in the latest Fusion 360 update. We also improved the error message when values entered will not properly build the PLCC.  
  • We had a few reports of user experiencing Fusion 360 crashing while manually routing their PCB. We had some challenges being able to reproduce but were able to discover the exact steps that would cause this problem. Our team of developers have been able to address the problem and get it fixed in our next update.    

Drawings 

Fix: 

If you had Line Weight Display turned on, created drawing views, inserted an image into the drawing and toggled body visibility on and off for any of your design bodies, all line weights became the same for some weird reason. They were incorrectly being reset. This is now fixed.  

Manufacture 

Fixes: 

• Warning "Skipping a pocket since the rest tool has not removed any material" will now only show when a pocket was untouched by the rest tool, and the entire stock is left for the rest operation. The message is also updated to "Warning: A pocket, which was not machined by previous operations because they used tools that were too large, has now been fully machined in this operation. This may increase in tool-wear as the entire pocket is included in the remaining stock in this operation." 
  • We fixed an issue reported to the support team where some of you weren’t able to generate your toolpaths  when the "Select Same Diameter" option was checked.  
  • Some of you told us that Fusion 360 failed to display the WCS (datum) as well as stock for a setup even when you selected it from the Browser. The correct behavior should have displayed the WCS and the Stock once you’ve selected it. Now they do.  
  • We heard reports about how the Detect Tool Length setting did not extend the tool length enough to avoid gouging in Fusion 360. The tool length will now be correctly extended to avoid a holder collision when the toolpath has a custom origin. 
  • michaelkelly7104 reported on the forum that Fusion 360 was not detecting the geometry he had selected and was cutting straight through it during his engraving operation. Our product manager George Roberts confirmed the issue and prioritized it with our development team; now it is fixed! 
  • We fixed a bug where adaptive clearing unexpectedly reversed the cut direction mid-move, which could lead to a tool breakage. Yikes. Now it won’t do that anymore.  
  • dfroererUE7DQ told us that his 2d adaptive clearing operation unexpectedly left a chunk of material in the middle of the part. Apparently, the generated gcode also included an inner contour in the stock boundaries that was not accounted for in the selection of the open pocket. Now it should work as expected. 
  • Previously, 2D Pocket detection did not support bottom heights. Now it does. Woohoo!
  • The Support team reported an issues they received where a project containing a 3D Parallel toolpath with active shank and holder collision checking was incorrectly rendered invalid after simply changing the tool number. This is now fixed.
  • We fixed an issue that was causing kernel error and toolpath errors regarding certain turning profile finishing operations with rest machining turned on. 
  • For some weird reason, the visibility of nested sheets was incorrectly turned on, even though the last save had the visibility turned off. Manually toggling show/hide on the sheets can only get only be one and at time, and not all at once, which can quickly become a very tedious task. Sorry about that, this is now fixed and visibility settings are now correctly saved as you save your documents.  

API 

Fixes: 

• The addByCopy method of the Material and Appearance objects was resulting in the creation of two new materials or appearances. This problem has been fixed, and it now creates the one expected material or appearance. 
    • In reaction to a problem reported by cirrus7-de, the documentation has been enhanced to clarify the use of some of the API. Some areas that now have a complete description are:  
    • Methods and properties that require you to roll the timeline back to use them. 
    • The behavior of the selectEntity method when the user presses escape. 
    • The toolClipFilename property and what Fusion 360 supports for tool clips. 
  • JesusFreke reported a problem when attempting to measure temporary B-Rep objects. The MeasureManager has now been enhanced to support temporary B-Rep objects. 
  • Nnikbin reported a problem on the forum where the API would not take a profile as the input plane to create a sketch. When creating a sketch interactively, it is possible, so the API should support it too. We totally agree with you nnikbin, and we want to let you know that the method should now work as expected. 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
shaische222
in reply to: keqingsong

Still no fix for this extremely annoying bug where Fusion pops up constantly to the front for Mac users? 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/fusion-jumps-to-front-screen/m-p/10445953#M127486

Seems like this is a known problem that happened in 2018 as well: 
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/fusion-360-pop-up-when-working-with-other-programs...

Message 3 of 16
epilog49008

I wondered why weird things were happenings, until I stumbled upon this, seems a new version installed itself unbeknownst to me. That is super annoying in itself!!  Why wasn't there some warning?!

Also so other new and annoying bug(s) introduced:

(1) my projects are in some undetermined sort order.  They are NOT sorted by recents as they use to be. Nor can I find any way to sort them.

(2) Annoying default values for commands such as Extrude, etc.  Applies the last value automatically.  Annoying as well.  Let me just start with 0 as before!

Message 4 of 16
a.ottaway.12

Ive got a couple of files I could convert to meshes in the previous version, I've had to slightly modify them and now the program crashes when I go to make a mesh from them

Message 5 of 16
epilog49008

To update (since I can't edit previous posts)... When I launch the new version, my projects all appear in recent sort order in the sidebar, only briefly, then a second later they re-sort themselves into some unknown order (not alpha, not date, just random).  How do I sort them by date??

Message 6 of 16
seth.madore

This is a known bug that seems to have taken a turn for the worse in the recent update. They are working on a fix for this issue

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 16
crueby1
in reply to: epilog49008

Seeing same thing that epilog49008 reported - the extrude command is keeping the last distance now rather than starting at zero like it used to - very bad!
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: crueby1

I too am having this issue and it is very annoying and inconvenient.

Message 9 of 16
tomszr2

I just found the same two problems myself.

Message 10 of 16
carriemerriam

I am having the same problem with the extrude command as previous users explained. 

I am also experiencing 2 other incredibly annoying glitches.

1. I can't click on a dimension to change it in a sketch without having to save and restart fusion. 

2. my cursor randomly gets "stuck" orbiting the model as if I am clicking the coordinate toggle in the upper right corner. only able to resolve by restarting fusion. 

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

Same extrude problem with me as well. I understand some users prefer having their previous input/values 'remembered' and automatically applied to their next extrusions. For me however, it is seldom ever the case where I want/need to extrude the same distance as last time (I could wholeheartedly understand making this a toggle-able feature)

Message 12 of 16
EKMS

As confirmed in the thread I opened, the extrude issue has been fixed in today's update (v2.0.10446).

Message 13 of 16
epilog49008

Well, one of the extrude issues (the default value issue) is solved in the latest update.

But the other Extrude issue, which I didn't report, still exists.  ie. the sequence in which one does Extrusions.  Unless I'm mistaken, it use to be you'd select the action... (E)xtrude, then the object face.  Now when you select (E)xtrude some random face is selected automatically.  It use to be you'd select the action then the object.  Now you must select the object face before the action (E)xtrude.  This seems contradictory to all other Fusion actions and previous version behavior.

PS.  But I do also see my projects are ordered by recents now (well at least the last few since the problem started).  Projects I haven't touched since the last update are still in some random order.

PPS.  On a related note, how do I disable Automatic app updates?  The information in this link doesn't seem accurate, I see no such setting under General Preferences.

Message 14 of 16
EKMS

I usually select the face and then extrude so I could have missed it so I tried it now without selecting the face and it goes to the "SELECT" button so that I can select one with the cursor. In other words, it doesn't preselect any face on my end. I also tried to extrude once that way to see if it happened after an extrude but it didn't.

Thinking about it, I could swear this happened to me last week BUT it only happened for an hour or two (or in a specific document). Since it didn't happen again I completely forgot about it. I did nothing to fix it nor did I update F360 until today.
Have you tried in a new document? Just asking because I only saw that happening while working on one document (can't remember which to try again) and it stopped acting like that on newer ones.
Message 15 of 16
eondekoker

None of the bugs I reported was reported fixed. Including the ability to totally break the integrity of the parametric model as Fusion360 allows the option (which could be enabled by accident) to "unlink" a projection from its source  without any warning.  Later, when making changes to the model, suddenly there are many errors showing "lost projections" which defeats the object of parametric modelling. Why allow a feature that breaks the model and without any tool to detect projected geometry which are unlinked. Please remove this feature or generate a big warning when projecting without linking.

Message 16 of 16

Since reference objects for external components are now a thing, does this open up the possibility allowing internal components to be "externalized" into their own design?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report