Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Top View & Bottom View are the Same

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
wesley.bonafe
436 Views, 8 Replies

Drawing Top View & Bottom View are the Same

Well, maybe this time I will successfully attach the file, sorry.  The drawing top view & bottom view are the same.  How do I fix this?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/e8cf4b5c-7460-409d-8942-23a5aa440b25

Well, clearly I don't have clue when it come to posting a screencast.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

So to try and give an answer to this, the forum users will need your Fusion 360 model.  Please attach the model that is creating the drawing where you save the top and bottom views are the same.  If you do not know how to attach your model, open it in Fusion360, select the File menu and then choose Export and save the .F3D file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a reply forum post to attach it.

Attachment.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 9

Well here we go...

Message 4 of 9

This is a very symmetrical component and you are placing the views using the Orientation from the Drawing View dialog box.  If you create a named Bottom View in the Model using the view cube and then use that in the drawing view selection, you will see that the views are correct.  The Bottom view, from the Drawing View dialog, probably is spinning the component 180 degrees so you see the odd view of this very symmetrical component.  The Screencast shows this.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 9
dsouzasujay
in reply to: wesley.bonafe

Hi @wesley.bonafe ,

I modified the design by adding a hole at the left end of the design.

The result is as shown in the attached image, not sure if this is a bug.

For now you can rotate the drawing from "rotate" command and continue to work.

If you find my answer solved your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button

Sujay D'souza
SQA Manager
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 9

Solved!  Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
g-andresen
in reply to: wesley.bonafe

Hi,

This is how I create the views.

top Bottom.gif

günther

Message 8 of 9
pknapke
in reply to: jhackney1972

This makes sense.  However, when you have 2 Base views on a drawing, how do precisely align them?

Message 9 of 9
jhackney1972
in reply to: pknapke

Not sure of your situation but in my Screencast I line up two base views of the same component, one of the Front view and on of the Back.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report