Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld symbols in Fusion 360 drawings

Weld symbols in Fusion 360 drawings

I need to use weld symbols in my drawings. We can't. use Fusion 360 for drawings without this feature. 

The ability to draw custom blocks or cells would also work as a fix.

64 Comments
andrew.de.leon
Autodesk

Hi dchase,

Thanks for taking a look at Fusion 360 Drawings and let us know what you need. At this stage, welding symbols are not supported nor are custom blocks, but we have started work on a welding symbol tool. Its still early days, so can I ask, what drafting standard do you use; ISO 2553, ANSI/AWS A2.4 or something else?

Thanks,

Andrew

15" Retina MacBook Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), in Sydney Australia
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

lorondan
Explorer

ANSI/AWS A2 would be fine.

Thanks,

Dan

Loron, Inc.

andrew.de.leon
Autodesk

Great, thanks Dan. ANSI/AWS A2 is already on the list.

Thanks,

Andrew

15" Retina MacBook Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), in Sydney Australia
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a must! Machining symbols are in now the need to weldments is high.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Drawings in general need quite a bit of work but weld symbols are definitely an absolute must for this program to be ready for prime time.
TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

tjzelick
Participant

I'm glad this popped up, I was about to enter the exact same request. I'm increasingly using and recommending Fusion 360 to fabrication shops that use plasma, laser, waterjet, etc... to cut parts. The drawings are great for showing assembly and BOM info but as of right now we have to add a note with the welding information. It would be great to have standard weld symbols included in the callouts.

Thanks,

Tom Zelickman

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any estimate when is this upgrade going to be ready?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weldments would be great however the ability to add just symbols in drawing layouts would be so so good. Please.

thanks,

David Slade

The Armidale School

Pontooon
Contributor

I agree with dlslade. 

Please just add at least the weld symbols like you did with GD&T. I don't need to model the welds. I just need the symbols. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weld ISO symbols would be grate.

CrucialGear
Enthusiast
What is the timeline for having this implemented? It is desperatly needed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This feature is necessary.

ryaanj
Advocate

Autodesk, any update on this feature request?  This would be a great feature to add.  Many designers need it.  In another Idea post you estimated this would be ready by early 2016?  Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has probably already been requested - if so, vote for it because it is essential!

A lot of my machine designs require welded joints. I can work around the model side of things without structural members just fine... but the wheels fall off when I try to put it to paper!

I don't have the capacity to fabricate larger structures, so I need to send them out externally. But it isn't very professional to just put in a text box saying "weld all joints 6mm fillet blah blah".

Please add weld symbol leaders. 

Chris

Tags (4)
WyzeOwl
Advocate
Ummm, when can we exect weld symbols? This is UBER important Fusion team... Can't describe a weldment without it - unless I text in all the weld data which has the same effect as looks like a child drawing with a crayon to make shop drawings. Not very pro.
Pontooon
Contributor

I have found a way to fake welds in Fusion drawings. 

1. Download the Weld Symbols Font from Micronus. 

2. use empty text arrow symbols to locate the weld position

3. arrange the symbols using th caharcter map and copy

fake weld 2.PNG

4. past the characters into a text box

5. make another text box for the weld size.

fake weld fusion 360.PNG

somthing like that.. haha. 

alucero49
Participant

Any updates on this.

j.banks
Explorer

Weld symbols ar eth one main feature that let down the detailing part of Fusion 360. When can we expect this to be implemented?

Many thanks

JB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report