Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing dimensions on isometric View

Drawing dimensions on isometric View

Hi,

Fusion 360 can't create dimensions on isometric view on drawing. And I would be really glad for seeing this feature in Fusion. I attached Image of what I think would be nice to have. The drawing image below is created in Inventor, not Fusion.

Thx,

Matt

Fusion360IsoDimensions.PNG

27 Comments
leganzish
Advocate

I hope this post picks up a lot of support.  I'm glad you posted an image of what you are talking about.  Other posts on the topic aren't nearly as clear on what it is they're looking for.  I have been wanting this for a long time and in my opinion it is one of Fusion's more glaring weaknesses.  

Also check out this post that is under future consideration: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/3d-dimensions-in-isometric-drawings/...  I think it is asking for the same thing, but the author is not as clear as you were.  Be sure to vote for it as well so it gets strongly considered in the future ;o)

huszak.marcell
Advocate

This is an awesome idea! Hope this gets enough support!

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Anonymous
Not applicable

i would love this feature so i can have another teaching tool to teach my school students.

JasonHammerle
Participant

Has anyone seen or heard anything about this as a possible addition in any of the road map posts or updates? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please - are there any updates from Autodesk on this? It would be such an incredibly helpful feature!

gdiazPSZ2C
Observer

NO! There are drafting standards, you are not supposed to dimension isometric views unless all other views have been exhausted. 

leganzish
Advocate

@gdiazPSZ2C  I understand where you're coming from, but official manufacturing drawings are not the only use for this software.  Frequently, we will want to create an iso view with the overall dimensions of an assembly to give the higher-ups.  It often needs dimensions so they can have a general idea of size.  They're not engineers, so we don't want to throw a bunch of ISO projected views at them when we're just showing off a concept.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll add to what @leganzish said...I don't use this software for official manufacturing drawings. One of the ways I use it is as a volunteer designing stage props for a non-profit organization. Most of the people building the props (including me) are not engineers.

Having dimensions visible on ISO views would be extremely helpful as we're using the printed-out drawings to cut properly dimensioned pieces and then assembling them into finished props.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that may be true, I would like it for teaching students to use fusion
by having an isometric component and students then model it.
besskyle
Community Visitor

As an instructor, this feature would be great. It would allow me to create an isometric view with dimensions and then have my students create the needed views in Autocad and then create the 3D model in Fusion 360 or Inventor. Please make this happen. 

mspecdesign
Contributor

inventor does this really well, its been a long time since i have used it but i miss it every time i get to the drawing stage.

i would love to see it in fusion 360, surely they can borrow or adapt the code to make this happen.

keep up the great work guys.

sandris.vitolins
Contributor

I would like to see this feature in Fusion.

Amazing idea.

JasonHammerle
Participant

Great Idea! Please make this happen!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would go well in a school setting.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to swap to other software for things missing in Fusion. Please add this!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right

I hope so

chrisvargsch
Contributor

I see it very necessary for the work i do please. Fusion you can do it, You are the best! Right now Im doing it without drawing, in the model workspace I´m changing the visual style wireframes with visible Edges only and showing the dimension of the sketch and taking a Screenshoot but its not too professional but can help you.Captura.JPG

adam.filipowicz
Enthusiast

Common Fusion. this is a piece of basic functionality. its like missing the period (.) key on a keyboad. Please add this.. why is this taking so long.

Garret_H
Collaborator

One of my industry partners was struggling with this issue just last week. They wanted to send a quick sales drawing of an electrical cabinet out to a client, but of course couldn't add dimensions to the isometric view to show extents easily.

They ended up marking up a PDF, which looked about as professional as if they used MS Paint. Ouch. Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report