Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make saw blade, having trouble drafting the tooth pattern

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
johnevans7
988 Views, 24 Replies

Trying to make saw blade, having trouble drafting the tooth pattern

Trying to draft this saw blade part but can't figure out how to draw the last angle.  Any help would be appreciated.thumbnail.jpg

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25

@johnevans7 

Are you still working on this?

I always look to the manufacturing process used to create the feature out on the shop floor.

I am assuming a revolving end mill or chamfer cutter at an angle - plunged into the part and then translated out the slot.  Revolve and Sweep of the cutter (we can often cheat in CAD with only a Sweep).

Do you have a picture of your process setup?

You can back up a step in the Timeline prior to Pattern.

Add the necessary feature(s) and then edit the Pattern to include the added feature(s).

Post back if you haven't figured it out.

BTW - if you are running Fusion on a Windows OS you can use the Windows commands Shift Win S (screencapture) and Ctrl v (Paste) to include images in your posts.

Message 22 of 25
johnevans7
in reply to: etfrench

Could you upload that file so I can see how you did that?  I'm having trouble duplicating it.

Message 23 of 25
johnevans7
in reply to: etfrench

Could you upload this file?  I'm having trouble duplicating what you did.

Sorry double post.

Message 24 of 25

Yes still working on it when I can.  Having trouble with the angles.  

My first thought was to make a endmill on that angle and plunge it in then pulling it around to achieve to proper cut, but I could always use a ball nose to make this too just depends on time.

Message 25 of 25
etfrench
in reply to: johnevans7

Here's the video

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report