Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resizing difference inkscape svg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3021 Views, 10 Replies

Resizing difference inkscape svg

I create a simple pattern in Inkscape with outside dimensions of 4.5 inches square.

In Fusion my resulting model is 1.185 inches square. 

Why are the svg elements being shrunk?

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've learned that you have to resize the svg elements back to normal size because Fusion shrinks everything....  

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 11
SaeedHamza

Hi,

Could you please attach the file you imported

Regards

Saeed

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: SaeedHamza

see attached

also see jbox2.png above - it has the dimensions shown in the svg....

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

After running into a similar problem, here's my version of solving the problem and it works with a few caveats.

1. You should using Windows 10 and Inkscape 0.92 (or beyond), such that the default 'resolution' is 96dpi. I don't know where this comes from, but the 96dpi factor kept popping up in all tests I ran (probably Inkscape is the culprit)

2. In Inkscape, change the document properties (bring it up by pressing Ctrl+D while the document is in focus) to the following:

->Display Units: in

->Custom Size Units: in

->Scale x: 96.000

3. Now create your inkscape sketch (e.g. creating a box which is 100mm x 100mm) by setting units and dimensions as the real dimensions needed.

4. Save file and then import it into Fusion.

The attached file has two square paths (1x1in and 100mmx100mm)

The imported dimensions are 1x1in and 100mmx100mm

Message 6 of 11
MarcoCas

Hi.

I have found this 3d and I have the same problem.

But I use mm instead of in.

Into document property, with Inkscape 0,91 and fusion 2.0.511  on MAC I have set

Display units: mm

Resize, Scale x: 0,37795

Now when I import it's all ok.

Marco Casalegno - Fusion 360 on IMac i7 2012 - Zortrax Inkspire
Message 7 of 11
Nickduino
in reply to: MarcoCas

I'm encountering the same issue with a scaling factor of about 4.

I didn't find the DPI setting in the page setup of my Inkscape v1.1

Message 8 of 11
raycon2010
in reply to: Nickduino

Same here. Scale is off by 3.78(rounding to 2 decimal places) 

I took a look at the InkScape generated SVG file  in a text editor .  The style attribute for my first rectangle element in the SVG file has a stroke width of 0.26458332  the inverse of  which is 3.7795.

Guessing at it. I'd say fusion grabbed the stroke-width attribute and made that the scale factor (for all my future SVG imports as well?).  Or Fusion has a static scale factor of 3.78 hard coded. 

The way I use SVG's I'd import the file "unfix" throw in a dimension and then scale off that. 

SVG snippet

<rect
       style="stroke-width:0.26458332"  <!-- inverse of stroke width = 3.7795  ?inkscape default stroke-width?--> 
       y="0"
       x="0"
       height="80"
       width="80"
       id="rect28" />

Message 9 of 11
Nickduino

@Nickduino wrote:

my Inkscape v1.1

I don't know where I've seen that. It's 0.92

Message 10 of 11
HughesTooling

From some old posts i've read, Fusion is hard coded to work with Illustrator set to 96 DPI. Can't remember but there's some conversion from points or pixels and the DPI is part of the conversion. 

It's pretty easy to scale once you have something imported. First select all curves and UnFix, measure between 2 points you know the size of then scale, enter the size you want divided by the size it measures. So if it measures 75mm and you want 100 just enter 100/75 as the scale.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
juricap
in reply to: HughesTooling

Confirmed the DPI of 96 idea. The required scale factor works out to 96/25.4 (approx. 3.77952)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report