Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with a Chip Fan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
536 Views, 2 Replies

I need help with a Chip Fan

So I am a student in a BOCES program. We just purchased a Haas chip fan (we are a certified HTEC program so we have 6 super mini mills and 1 TM1P.). I was wondering how do I program this. I have it start at 2000 RPM and ramp to 7500. I also drew a figure 8 and I have it running a trace program. So my questions are is there a chip fan in the educational version of Fusion? Is trace the right type of tool path? How do I adjust the heights so it doesn't crash into my piece? Am I going at this completely wrong? Anything and everything is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: Anonymous

Please attach your model or if you do not have a model post a screen capture of what you are trying to achieve.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section of a forum post to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

I would use a 2d Contour. I think the path will depend on what needs to be cleaned, but a race track shape would be a good place to start.  Figure 8 won't work with a 2d Contour😀 

ETFrench

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report