Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None linear motion links

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
banksysan
341 Views, 2 Replies

None linear motion links

Is it possible to reference the current value of one joint in the formula of the other?

I have these two sliders, the one on the right is rigged to move twice as far as the one on the left.

Capture.PNG

I'd like to have the slider on the right move as some coefficient times the cosine of the movement on the left.  i.e.

10 * Cos(a)  (a is the displacement of the left)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhackney1972
in reply to: banksysan

I am returning your model with a different name.  Using parameters I have demonstrated how to add a parameter to the motion of the bars.  If you right click on the Left joint and choose to "Animated the Model" you will see that Rod:2 will move twice as fast as Rod:1.  I could not use your formula since the COS of a length makes no sense to me.  Using my parameters idea you can try to figure out the math part.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 3
andreCF68D
in reply to: jhackney1972

This doesn't seem to solve the problem, though.   All that matters is that cos(a) is non-linear and your solution 2*a is linear. 

Try to do cos(a) whether it makes sense or not to you and you will see the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report