Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heeeeeelp! Multi Line Text - Fusion 360

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
6457 Views, 8 Replies

Heeeeeelp! Multi Line Text - Fusion 360

OK! So I need some help. Complete newbie to 360. About ready to commit hairy cairy, throw the monitor out the window, let my guinea pig chew on the pc leads - the usual.

It is the simplest problem I am having and I know that the answer is right in front of me, but alas it eludes me.

I have a piece of text comprising of roughly 30 words. All I want to do is put it on a box standard square box. The problem I am having is getting it to even adjust the box size and try as I might, I cannot see the option for the text to wrap to the next line. Can someone please save me.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Phil.E
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Fusion Forum!

There is no multi line text editor in Fusion. You'll have to manage that manually using multiple text strings.

We have a place called Idea Station and we use it to gather feedback like yours. You are encouraged to vote for your favorite wanted features. These are implemented regularly.

Someone has made a pretty decent proposal of your idea. Feel free to vote!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/improvements-to-sketch-text-formatti...

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
rapiddsol

Agreed!

Multi-line text is a must have and should be top priority for the development team.

OP thanks for starting the dialogue.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rapiddsol

I am able to add a carriage return and line feed where I want a new line. My work flow is to type everything in a text editor (notepad++) add enters, convert line feeds to carriage returns and line feeds. Definitely not a multi line editor but I am able to get multiple lines in a single box.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Dude, Brilliant idea :))))))

Message 6 of 9
Arthur_Hebert

Worth mentioning a few more things. \N can be used for a carriage return and line feed. I don't think line spacing is possible using text modifying things. I don't think \N is in the help which is too bad because it's not obvious. 

Phil.E said, "You'll have to manage that manually using multiple text strings." Maybe I'm taking it out of context or maybe at that time that was true, but basic notepad functionality is possible (although the editing is done on one line which might be the context). 

Message 7 of 9
Phil.E
in reply to: Arthur_Hebert

Thanks for reminding. At the time I did not know you could add another line like that.

It's not what people want, however. They want a text editor similar to the one I'm typing in now. I bet not too many people know the extra keystrokes.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9

Can't agree on the top development priority. I'm rarely using text so I don't care that much. Even if the result might not be optimal, but you could use tools like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape to create the text and export / save it as a SVG file. 

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Agreed! , I use a lot of text for engraving, would make it easier to align and alter with fussy customers 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report