Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to model a curved arm

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
maorbiton9654
280 Views, 9 Replies

How to model a curved arm

Hello everyone.
I want to model the object shown in the image correctly, I just created it with the help of 3 separate sketches, how I construct it correctly.

44.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
aliobidi
in reply to: maorbiton9654

Hi , 

we didn't know what is your goal 

Message 3 of 10
maorbiton9654
in reply to: aliobidi

The goal is to build the solid correctly in a geometric sense, you can see that the geometry is very distorted in my working method.
Message 4 of 10
g-andresen

Hi,

Should the arm be rigid or movable (with joints)?

günther

Message 5 of 10
maorbiton9654
in reply to: g-andresen

Rigid
Message 6 of 10
whittakerdw

I cleaned it up a bit, I am not sure if this is what you were looking for or not. If not, please let me know and we may can rework this. I have one file how you had it that was cleaned up, and I have another where I filleted the edges with a 1 mm fillet to clean it up and join the parts a little better.

Message 7 of 10

Ok, looks good, I understand there is no other way but to create some drawings ...
I really thank you.

Message 8 of 10
whittakerdw
in reply to: whittakerdw

After I looked at it more, the middle bar wasn't centered at both ends so I corrected that. I filleted one with as large of fillets as it would accept to allow as smooth of a transition between parts as I could. Again I also have one that doesn't have fillets in case you weren't intending on having fillets.

Message 9 of 10
g-andresen

Hi,

have a look at this

günther

Message 10 of 10

Wow great idea, you really helped me .....
Thank you so much for your time and thought.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report