Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 drawing blanks lower portion of drawing on 4k monitor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
richardfferraro
267 Views, 5 Replies

Fusion 360 drawing blanks lower portion of drawing on 4k monitor

I am using a 4K monitor at 3840 x 240 with 250% scaling on Windows 10.

Fusion 360 mechanical and electrical work fine.

Drawing screws up by blanking (all or in part) the lower portion of the screen if I set the window size to a larger width than about 4/5ths of screen width = 4/5 * 3840.

If I reduce with, the drawing and borders return.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Richard

I am not and expert on graphics, but I see that nobody has responded to your query as yet. There may be a few things you could try and also consider.

Are you firing up Fusion on one screen, then moving it over to the 4K larger screen? Setting the 4K screen as your primary monitor may help (setup should be something similar to this).

You mentioned that you updated your graphics card driver. If you are running an NVIDIA card, I would suggest changing the settings in the NVIDIA control panel, as shown below. This will force Windows to use your graphics card (not the onboard card, if present).

clintbrownWP9U8_0-1645513798216.png

I hope that this helps.

Message 3 of 6

thanks for responding.  The 4k is primary monitor.

I do believe it is a Fusion 360 bug.

Most importantly, it works great for all Fusion 360 mechanical and electrical except...

drawing of mechanical where the bottom portion of the screen transitions to all white. 

how much (or any) of the screen that transitions to all white depends on the width of the window.

thanks,

Richard

Message 4 of 6

Hi Richard,

Testing fusion drawing in a 4k monitor with 3840*2160 with 250% scaling, I do not meet the issue as you mentioned.

Can you please attach a video or some snapshots to demonstrate this issue? 

Thanks

Fredimage (1).pngimage.png

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for responding. When the problem of blanked out screen depending
on window size occurred, I started and restarted to no avail.

Now, when acquiring screen shots, the problem vanished.

I will post again if it reappears.

thanks,
Richard
Message 6 of 6
MAS.DPL
in reply to: richardfferraro

Hi Guys,

Yep me too - with F360 at full screen on 4K monitor text and lines in lower 20-20% are not rendered properly.

I attach 2 pictures captured with snipping tool to show what this looks like. 

I have discussed with @ClintBrown3D  and tried suggestions and  various tricks to fix. 

Best results so far are to not use F360 at full screen, but as @richardfferraro found either just drop the title bar about 10% down from the top of the screen, OR pull in a side by about 10% - this cures it with a disproportional improvement (about 2x the amount the window edges are moved. 

TBH this is a V V minor thing and doesn't impact the brilliance of F360 generally 👍

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators