Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in sketches when creating basic geometry?

60 REPLIES 60
SOLVED
Message 1 of 61
fredgenius
4275 Views, 60 Replies

Bug in sketches when creating basic geometry?

After the most recent update, there's something strange happening in the sketch workspace. If I sketch a circle and type a value, after pressing enter, the dimension is not what I typed. Same with rectangles, lines, and polygons.

60 REPLIES 60
Message 21 of 61
lucas035
in reply to: lance.carocci

Hi Lance,

I updated the Fusion properties to run under Windows 7 compatibility mode and I am now able to input dimensions correctly when creating geometries for a sketch.

Thanks for your time.

Message 22 of 61
itstrueevil

This solved the issue for me to. Thank you.

Message 23 of 61
btulloh
in reply to: lucas035

The dimension issue is solved for me also.

I haven't experienced any instability or video driver issues (Win10).

Message 24 of 61
fredgenius

Although the compatibility mode fix works, I am now experiencing performance issues (long delays when updating dimensions in sketches, even with very simple geometry). Not sure which is worse - the dimension bug or the performance hit. Will there be a proper fix for this in an update soon?

Win7, 24GB RAM, 3.8GHz CPU, Geforce 750 Ti with 4GB, 3x 1920x1080 LCD monitors...

Thanks!

Message 25 of 61
itstrueevil
in reply to: fredgenius

When I first opened Fusion in compatibility mode, it was very slow and my CPU was running on 25% all the time. I then tried it back in normal mode, and again got wrong dimensions, but there was no high CPU usage. I then once again started it in compatibility mode, and this time it was working normally, right dimensions and normal CPU usage.

Message 26 of 61

It worked! This has been bugging me for weeks! Out of curiosity, how did you know to change this one particular setting?

Message 27 of 61

It fixed the problem for me too, but really slowed Fusion 360 down and I had to turn off compatibility mode and live with the bug. I'll be switching to 10 in the very near future...

Message 28 of 61
tahamid4

Thanks man it's worked

Message 29 of 61
gomachv
in reply to: tahamid4

Fixed the issue for me as well.

Message 30 of 61
stenarhos
in reply to: gomachv

I have the same problem!

The Compatibility to WIN7 mode, it works fine also with me!

Message 31 of 61
limhc00

Same problem here......

Message 32 of 61

lance.carocci enabling compatibility mode in win7 slow down Fusion 360 and reduce the performance significantly to the point I can't use the program no more, when I disable compatibility mode the software goes back to normal performance but still bug to lock the dimensions in 2D drawing exist.

Someone needs to take this problem seriously and fix the 2D dimension lock bug as this bug was not present last July before the update.

Message 33 of 61

Yeah, I find it particularly annoying that they've marked this thread as
'Solved' when it obviously isn't.
Message 34 of 61

@fredgenius wrote:
Yeah, I find it particularly annoying that they've marked this thread as
'Solved' when it obviously isn't.

Are you attempting to run Fusion on Windows 7 (an unsupported OS)?

Message 35 of 61

Yes. Although I only discovered that Win7 is unsupported after the bug
appeared. Was definitely supported when I installed Fusion 360, and the
orange flash that appears at the top of the screen only recommends Win10. I
am planning an upgrade to 10 sometime soon, even though I dislike it
intensely and more than a few of my applications run badly, or not at all
under 10.
Message 36 of 61

It worked for me! 
thank you

Message 37 of 61
StuffAndyMakes

I am seeing this problem in March of 2021. I click to start a line, drag it a little, enter a specific length, then the line locks where the mouse was and no amount of changing the length value changes the length of the line. I have to either press ESC to clear out and start over, or I have to click to place the endpoint and then dimension the line. It's irritating to say the least. It just started doing this on a design I've been working on for a few weeks.

Seems silly to set the compatibility property to "Windows 7" on Windows 10. I have a fairly new machine: AMD Ryzen 9 Threadripper 16-core, 64 GB of RAM, NVIDIA RTX 2080Ti with 11 GB. I've never experienced this problem until tonight. Fusion 360 did update itself this earlier today.

I can't find any preferences or any settings that cause it or fix it. It's random. This needs to be resurrected. It isn't normal behavior.

Message 38 of 61

I am experiencing the same issue.  Things worked great until the last week or so.  Running Windows 10 pro, ver 2004 build 19041.804, nvidia GTX 970

Message 39 of 61

Same here. Things worked perfect before last update.

Message 40 of 61
Phil.E
in reply to: jsparksTR7WV

Hello,

There was an update today that is intended to fix this issue. Can you please update Fusion 360 and let us know what you think?

To receive the update:
1. Restart Fusion 360
2. Wait for the update to start, you'll see a small 1 appear on the job status icon (the clock)
3. Click on the clock icon to watch the progress
4. Click Restart when the update is ready

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report