Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web page crashes when editing an IFC model in 3D Sketch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
a_druijffEXGLS
154 Views, 2 Replies

Web page crashes when editing an IFC model in 3D Sketch

Hi there,

I'm trying to edit an imported IFC model in 3D Sketch. The web page stops responding as soon as I open 3D Sketch. 

Sometimes I can continue working after clicking multiple times on 'wait' and be very patient. Otherwise I have to close the page and start all over. 

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

FYI: I use Chrome on a company laptop. The browser is managed by my organisation. I've already tried restarting Chrome, restarting laptop, clearing browser cache and cookies.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @a_druijffEXGLS,

Thanks for reaching out, and our apologies for the issue.

We're working on replacing the current 3D Sketch experience with something much faster and more seamless. In the meantime, certain imports might have performance issues like this.

Would you be willing to share the IFC file so we can take a closer look? If you're not comfortable sharing it here, you can direct message me. We'd love to test with your case to benchmark our upcoming improvements and identify any low-hanging fruit for the current experience, if there is any.

Thanks again!

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 3 of 3

Hi Josh, thanks for the quick response! I will send the IFC file via DM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums