Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unload proposal from Revit model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Rachel_W_Simpson
370 Views, 3 Replies

Unload proposal from Revit model

Hello Forma Forum,

Can you Unload a Proposal from your Revit model to load a new one or to perhaps remove the data from your model without deleting all the pieces?

TIA

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hey! 
As for now you can only connect one proposal to Revit (Send to Revit). Idea being that you are done with Forma modeling for certain and you switch to Revit to detail them further. Therefore we unfortunately do not support the process you mentioned. 

We are still actively developing the process though. Could you elaborate on the exact workflow and what do you want to achieve? Is that you keep modeling in Forma and want to represent changes in Revit? If so - What is your process and end result you want to achieve?  (esoecially screenshots help a lot) 
There more you can share the more we can improve it 🙂  

Message 3 of 4

I can see the point of what you are saying, thank you for the response. What if someone were to choose an incorrect proposal?

Message 4 of 4

Hi Krzysztof.

I was lead to believe that we could go back and forth between Revit and Forma.  If this is not possible, then "development" assumes that all design will be in Forma only and them move into Revit.  This is a challenging and limiting assumption.

The design process is an evolution that isn't necessarily linear.  In design, we will often revisit and recreate.  If Forma is limiting us to a singular path, and not permitting development in both (or either) Revit and Forma ... then it may not be very useful in the real world.  

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.  I hope that I am wrong ...
Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators