Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for multiple users / project teams in the same project

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
PetroGiancotti
685 Views, 6 Replies

Support for multiple users / project teams in the same project

Does Spacemaker allow for multiple users and teams to work / collaborate in the same project at the same time, like a shared model in Revit? If yes, how can I invite my colleagues? 

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @PetroGiancotti,

Spacemaker allows you to work together with your colleagues on your hub, projects and proposals. See our help center article here.

1. Invite members to a Hub
You can invite members to your Hub (formerly Workspace) if you’d like them to view all projects included in it.
In the Hub page, click Members > Invite member > 
Type the member’s email and choose the role you’d like to give them in your Hub > Send invite
Skjermbilde 2023-03-08 kl. 13.20.33.png

2.Invite members from within a project
If you’d like a member to only have access to a particular project without being able to view other projects in your Hub, you can invite them from within a project. This is a good solution for involving external members outside of your organization for targeted collaboration.
Open the project you want to share > Project members > + icon > Type the member’s email and choose the role you’d like to give them in this project >Send invite

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 14.34.21.png

3. Roles
A role defines what an invited member is allowed to do in your project(s) or Hub. There are four roles available in Spacemaker:

• Viewers can open and view a project in the Hub, but cannot make any changes to a project.

• Editors can edit existing projects, create new ones, and invite members to projects.

• Admins can do everything an Editor can, and also invite new members to Hub.

• Project members can only access the projects they are invited to specifically. The ability to edit depends on the role they are given inside each project.

To change a Hub member role, go to the Members page. Click their current role and choose a new one from the dropdown.

Let me know if I answered your questions.

Message 3 of 7

Thank you for such a quick response 😀 It solved it partially. 
My colleague got an error message saying she doesn’t have a "Seat or active subscription" and only gets view access, although I invited her as an editor.

Message 4 of 7

Great to hear! Please contact the admin for Spacemaker in your company to ensure that they assign a Seat to your colleague.

To work in Spacemaker, admin and editor roles need access to a Hub and an assigned seat (license). Users without a seat will be downgraded to Viewer.

You can assign seats from Spacemaker or from Autodesk Account. From Spacemaker, you can assign seats in two ways:

1. When inviting the user. When inviting a new user as Editor or Admin, which requires a license to be utilized, Spacemaker checks if the user has a license. If one or more of the users invited need a license for their role, you will be offered to assign them one.

2. When managing on Members page. The other option is to go to the Members page of your Hub, and assign, or unassign a license. You do this by clicking the user in question and select Assign or Unassign. See image below
    Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 14.48.23.png

Additionally, you can use Autodesk Account to manage licenses. For more information, check out the Autodesk Account Management guide to learn more about this process.

Please note however that you will still need to invite a user directly into a Hub in order for the user to have access as well as a license.

Message 5 of 7
casquatch
in reply to: PetroGiancotti

@daniel.silva.gameiro - Any idea how the licenses / seats apply with an AEC Collection license? I see that Forma is included with the AEC Collection, but I'm not seeing any way to be able to assign a seat or add any users to a Hub. When I do, I get a dialog that says "The following users do not have a sear to make use of the Editor role granted to them". Thanks!

Message 6 of 7

Hi there. Thank you for reporting the error. The message you see is due to a minor UI hiccup on our side, which I am working on a fix for now. As everyone with an AEC collection seat has access to Forma as a default, it would not impact the experience of those you invite, they would get full access

Hope you enjoy Forma!

Simen

Message 7 of 7

We are multiple people trying to work in the same space, but when we make changes at the same time it is lagging and we get an error message saying it couldn't save, so that we have to redo the change again (and hope noone else is making changes at the same time). This happens even though the changes we're making are in different parts of the landscape we're working on.

We also tried setting up multiple proposals, having one master and one for each person working, thinking we might be able to merge the proposals later, but that didn't work either. The changes we make in one proposal turn up straight away in the other proposals and we still have the same issue as before, with lagging and having to redo changes that are not saved.

Hope that there is a solution on how to work simultaneously?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report