Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Revit Mass to Forma

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cdixon-beck
528 Views, 5 Replies

Send Revit Mass to Forma

Is it possible to send a Revit Mass to Forma and have it imported as a Basic building? In Revit, these Masses may represent programs and or a building type. When I've tried the Mass category does not load into Forma when using the Update Proposal option.

I am able to load them into Forma using the import as .obj option and then I can go through the process of manually converting them FWIW.

cdixonbeck_0-1692825804282.png

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
walter.ryu
in reply to: cdixon-beck

I also have a same question;

1. it does not seem to possibly to import Revit model into Forma. I would like to know if there is a way.

2. all trees and building mass are always ground associated not being able to help any upper level use wise.

Message 3 of 6
cdixon-beck
in reply to: walter.ryu

@walter.ryu what from your Revit model are you trying to get into Forma? I have been able to get portions of my Revit model into Forma using the Forma Addin. Alternatively, I can import a .obj file but still has its understandable limitations. I don't think I've experienced the Level issue you are describing but I will check that out.

I have just not been able to get Revit Masses to work at this point.

Message 4 of 6
walter.ryu

Hi thanks for your reply.
I would like to send the massing to Forma and generate graphic in Forma not in revit.

Message 5 of 6
smilksh

@cdixon-beck - Thank you for your question.

Currently masses cannot be sent to Forma as Basic Buildings, but they should be getting sent to Forma as generic volumes (meshes).

If your masses are not being sent at all I would encourage you to reach out through the in-product support so we can get more information about your use case.

Thanks,

-Heather from Forma

Message 6 of 6
smilksh
in reply to: walter.ryu

@walter.ryu - Sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Starting with your second issue, you are correct.  At this time, vegetation can only be drawn on the terrain and not on buildings.

Going back to the first issue, I am wondering if you are trying to send to Forma without sending a Forma project into Revit first?  We do not currently support a workflow that starts a Forma project from Revit, you must already have the Forma project.

Here's some help documentation that might assist you:

https://help.autodeskforma.com/en/articles/6984724-revit-interoperability

If you continue to have problems sending your Revit content to Forma via the Add-in I would encourage you to contact us through the in-product support so we can learn more about your use case.

Thanks,

-Heather from Forma

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report