Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Import Preview Location

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kevin_fielding
335 Views, 3 Replies

Incorrect Import Preview Location

Hi,

When importing geometry into Forma from an IFC which contains shared coordinates aligned with the OSGB Coordinate System. The preview is incorrect. 

kevinfielding_0-1688571520088.png

You can see in the screenshot that the buildings overlap the roads. 

The geometry does import correctly however without any modification. 

kevinfielding_1-1688571606149.png

Please can this be resolved. We rely on the preview to validate the import, if it can't be trusted it's mostly useless. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi there Kevin!
I’m from the Team in Forma working on importing files. This is an unfortunate bug that we would like to fix. To fix the problem, we need some data to reproduce the bug. Would it be possible to receive a file and a project location where this occurs? Alternatively, get access to you project with the url from the chrome address bar?
If so, please sent it to me. My email address is under private messages in the right upper corner. 

Message 3 of 4

has this issue been resolved?

I'm having a similar geo-location issue where the Forma layout doesn't match the location of our project

Message 4 of 4

This was thought to be resolved. If however you're experiencing problems @brian.diamond89FTD, then it's probably not correct resolved yet. Could you share a bit more information about what issues you are experiencing? Screenshots are always very helpful!
If the project/data is confidential, please DM me on this site, and we can continue from there. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report