Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome - clipboard

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
RyanCameron
793 Views, 4 Replies

Chrome - clipboard

General question. I tried copy/paste by selecting an object in Forma, then right clicking but paste was not an option. When I used CTRL+C on my keyboard, CTRL+V, Chrome gave me an error that clipboard has been disabled in the settings. However, I can not find the toggle to allow clipboard pasting in chrome. My question, is there a work around for this since copying/pasting is a necessary workflow a lot of the time? and, has anyone else come across this yet? I did a search in the forum for clipboard but had no results.

RB Cameron, AIA, LEED AP, EDAC
Digital Practice Leader

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Ryan,

In Chrome, you can change the clipboard permissions by going directly to chrome://settings/content/clipboard (you can copy this into your address bar), or by going to Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Site Settings -> Permissions (press "additional permissions") -> Clipboard.

There, you'll be able to control which sites (if any) are allowed to read the contents of your clipboard.

Hope that helps. We'll try to see if we can make the user experience in the product easier as well.

Message 3 of 5

Hi Ryan. Did Tom's solution work?

Message 4 of 5

Its entirely possible I'm screen-blind to clipboard, but I don't see it here:

RyanCameron_0-1692884545936.png

Digital Practice Leader

Message 5 of 5
RyanCameron
in reply to: RyanCameron

Yikes. I had to manually type:   chrome://settings/content/clipboard

This was a wild guess on my part in hopes that it would work. I even did a search in Chrome settings for clipboard to no avail.

I ended up adding forma app to the allowed list.

RyanCameron_1-1692885008379.png

Digital Practice Leader

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators