Community
FeatureCAM Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FeatureCAM Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FeatureCAM topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M400 Centroid Post

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bgriesel
424 Views, 4 Replies

M400 Centroid Post

Does anyone have a working post for a centroid M400 mill control?

I have tried using the one provided, and it has a lot of issues. all Z depths are wrong and above the part. Corrected in the Drill cycle by adding a - and removing the ABS from <ABS_DEPTH>, but that just does for drilling. Pocket and Boss depths are still off but they are not listed as a cycle in the post editor.

If anyone has a modified post that gets me closer, it would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
serge.quiblier
in reply to: bgriesel

Hello @bgriesel 

Can you check some parameters inside your post?

Opening the cnc file, click on the CNC-Info menu, scroll down to Word Formatting.

A dialog should appear.

Browse the list to find the z-coord formatting definition.

Click on the text in blue Z-COORD.

sergequiblier_0-1675262669230.png

If you want to invert all the Z coordinates, just change the factor from 1 to -1, or vice versa.

Be aware, some Z moves can be generated using other variables than Z-COORD.

Save the post under a new name, then generate a new code, and check carefully the coordinates.

Regards.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Serge.Q
Technical Consultant
cam.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 5
bgriesel
in reply to: serge.quiblier

Thank you for your response.

That did reverse the Z but it was not the issue I was having. I was able to get a posted file that was close by delving deeper into the actual programming, a little of post modifying, and manual editing. The one Z issue was mostly because I did not see some of the default settings for Z rapid plane and plunge clearance and such since they are not asked when defining the cycle, and require looking through all the tabs in the properties of each cycle setup.

Thank you again

Message 4 of 5
jmmcshane
in reply to: bgriesel

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am currently in the same boat.

Message 5 of 5
bgriesel
in reply to: jmmcshane

Not necessarily, I have found that most of the Z issues seem to be during the setup. I find it throws a -Z value in the setup, which then puts the Z zero into the part and don't always catch it. Thus, having to chase around offsets and levels. I have gotten into the habit of rotating to a 3D wireframe view to check the different Z levels visually after defining cycles and depths. To be honest, a majority of my programming is for WireEDM and don't have near the issues as I do milling. Don't get me started on making a change to a milling cycle only to have it blow your tools away to whatever default it wanted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report