cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want the ability to move/rotate all displayed attributes of an asset together

Want the ability to move/rotate all displayed attributes of an asset together

Need the ability to rotate and manipulate the position of the displayed attributes together as a group, while maintaining the spacing and alignment between each individual attribute of the asset. Currently each displayed attribute has to be moved or rotated independently of the others, and it is extremely time consuming, especially if you have 300 assets with 5 attributes for each asset which we typically do.

The TORIENT command will change all the displayed attributes to the 0° rotation angle, what we typically want, but the position between the attributes is not maintained and the attributes can be displayed on top of each other, or reordered from the original position.

Also having the functionality to rotate the actual asset independently of the displayed attributes is desired. So if I have the attributes displayed as desired, and I rotate the asset, I don’t want the attributes to also rotate because I will have to again rotate each attribute individually back to where it was prior to the rotation of the asset. This can become very frustrating with the amount of assets we typically are managing.

2 Comments
robert.elsey
Enthusiast

DEFAULT ATTRIBUTE POSITION AND ROTATION.pngATTRIBUTE POSITION AND ROTATION AFTER TORIENT COMMAND.pngDESIRED BEHAVIOR OF ATTRIBUTE POSTION AND ROTATION.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strongly Agree 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report