cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap menu on mouse Right click

Snap menu on mouse Right click

Hi, it might be useful to work with temporary snaps for the only asst you are placing. in this way it is possible to move resources more easily on a layout with very complex DWG overlays, or in the presence of numerous connectors and activate only the snap type useful for that positioning.

These snaps could be selected in the menu with the right mouse button.

2 Comments
liqinomickey
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi @a.chinellato 

Thank you for adding new ideas to Factory Design Utilities!

I would like to know more details about this requirement.

1. During what workflow would you like this options to be added to context menu ?
  2. During Asset placing, you can go to Ribbon-Snap Types to turn on/off certain elements. They are not quite convinient, are they?

Nice screenshot mock up by the way. 😉

a.chinellato
Contributor

This functionality it's interesting during asset placing. The commands on Ribbon are not quite convinient because when I move the cursor, to select or deselect a snap, Inventor snap all geometries that it find along the mouse path. For example, when I have a complex DWG Overlay and I have a snap to DWG the move of the mouse to deselct the snap it's very slow because it snap to . I think that it's interesting a function similar to AutoCAD with a combination of keybord and Mouse Ctrl+RMB. So it's not necessary move the mouse and it reduce the time of position of asset.

FDU.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report