Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit gerber files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1658 Views, 2 Replies

Edit gerber files

Hi I am also new for eagle. I want to learn how to modify existing gerber files in an effective way. I just want to delete some pads, text and change some simple dimension.

Currently, I am able to edit gerber files by import gerber files (import as copper layer) and edit as a .brd file. But I realize it take a lot of time and effort to edit. It takes more than 60 hours to import a 5Mb gerber file.

I have some concern about this situation:

1. Do Eagle support to edit gerber file in a more effective way?

2. Do we have any solution to edit gerber files excluding Eagle?

3. What is a good PC configuration that is good enough for me to edit if I use Eagle?

Please give me some advices for this situation. I am looking forward to your input.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
one-of-the-robs
in reply to: Anonymous

If you were writing documents in MS Word, would you demand that it was better at marking up the paper printout you have from some other editor? Because that's roughly comparable to what you're asking.

Gerber is a photoplotter format. It's used to transfer the final results (the printout in effect) of your design onto FR4 and copper. This is fundamentally and utterly the wrong time to be editing it. It's certainly not a task Eagle should "be better at". Go back to the actual design documents and edit them.

Message 3 of 3
Yura.Ivanov.VLuki
in reply to: Anonymous

If you need to edit GERBER files, it is better to do this directly in the CAM350 program & FAB 3000.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report