Did you mean: 

Visibility States, Block and lookup tables

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
awashingtonCH46X
304 Views, 6 Replies

Visibility States, Block and lookup tables

Long time reader, first time posting!

I'm self-taught in AutoCAD and need help just getting pointed in the right direction. 

The block I'm trying to make is simple, yet I just can't find the right combination to make a block that works efficiently and effectively. The block is for racking in warehouses. I am currently using a block table and visibility states for the length and width of each rack and for the most part that works fine.

The way I want the block to function is there is a drop down to pick the size of the block (length, width, upright thickness, beam thickness) and then another dropdown of how many bays (bays are where the racking can hold pallets).

My two main issues are:

• the racks share "uprights" that are linked with "beams". 1 bay would be 2 uprights with 2 beams for a single elevation. but 2 bays would be 3 uprights and 4 beams for 1 elevation and 3 uprights 8 beams for 2 elevations. I can't find a way to count the uprights correctly and same for the beams with the elevations.
  • the more visibility states and parameters for the racking itself is putting a strain on the block table and I'm not sure if they will work but I tried using double lookup tables and just couldn't get a working version for my situation. but with the increases variables there was up to 15000 different combinations in the block table, and I would like to simplify that to decrease the amount of lag when inserting this block.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Please @Libbya if you got a chance help me out!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vinodkl
in reply to: awashingtonCH46X

Hello @awashingtonCH46X 

Please share the block that you are working on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7
Libbya

Post the block.

Message 4 of 7

Sorry about that, I thought I attached it. This is still a porotype but it has the key functionality that we are looking for.

Message 5 of 7
hwalker

The thread below might be able to help you. It's for creating an array with a variable distance. If you could get it to work you would only need one visibility state.

Solved: Variable Array of a Dynamic Block - Autodesk Community - AutoCAD

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 7

It's about the end of the day for me I gave an attempt at using arrays for this block. I only have one issue and I think I can handle the rest; how do I change the size of the arrayed portion the block?

I wanted to try the visibility states to get different heights, but it would only change the first and last "uprights" of my block. I'm going to attach the block below and the only parameter I'm struggling with is the Depth.

Thank you for the help and I hope y'all enjoy the weekend

Message 7 of 7

Hello again,

I figured out how to get the upright depths to change within the arrays (Using visibility states).

Now I want to use double lookups to call the visibility state and change the size of the Upright thickness. the problem I'm running into now is using multiple stretch actions that are moving the base of the following stretch. I'll upload the version of the block that just has dimensional parameter for the upright thickness, but if someone could please help me just get the stretch parameters to replace them that would be much appreciated.

Thank you for all the help so far!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta