Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch and Rtate

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
irshad149
357 Views, 8 Replies

Stretch and Rtate

I am trying to make a dynamic crane block in which if I stretch the top view radius then elevation view radius should also stretch but boom length in elevation view must be constant, only boom angle must be change . I tried too much but I didn't get it.  

Can anybody help me ?

I have attached a DWG file. 

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello my friend
To do this, as in the file I have attached, you must first draw a polar parameter on the angled line, then attach the end of the line to that parameter with action (Polar Stretch).
Next, use (horizontal constraint) to keep both lines horizontal and apply to both lines. You now have to lock the left endpoint of the both lines in place using the (FIX constraint).
The only thing to do now is to associate the end of both lines to the first parameter that you created before with a (stretch) action.
Be sure to right-click on the polar parameter and set the option (Grid Display) to the (1).
I hope this explanation is the answer to your question, if so please press the accept solution button.

MeHrDaD RaHiMi
AutoCAD Certified Professional
Revit Architecture Certified Professional
Revit Structure Certified Professional
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.
Message 3 of 9

you can also see my screencast that named stretch and rotate

MeHrDaD RaHiMi
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.
Message 4 of 9

Thank you very much for this. but this is not the solution I want.

i want to stretch the horizontal line in bottom block . with respect to this line the angle should be change in upper block 

See the attached file.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 9

hi my friend

Unfortunately, I didn't exactly understand what you want. But there are a few things that you can to consider
۱. You want to change the horizontal line length and change the length of angular line to the same ratio.(Test Block1)
۲. You want to change the horizontal line length and change the angular line length and angle accordingly, then file (Test Block2) has this property
۳. Or you want the angular line to be dependent on the horizontal line and you want to change the angle separately.
If you want the last one, as far as I know, it is not possible to change the length of a angular line, and you have to set the angle in the stretch action properties. that angle cannot be changed with another action. The only way to do this is to use a block with multiple visibility modes. (Test Block3)

MeHrDaD RaHiMi
Message 6 of 9

you can also use linear and aligned dimensional parameter for this case as like as attached file.

for doing this, you can set equal parameter for all lines and then you just need to use rotate action for angular line.

good luck my friend.

MeHrDaD RaHiMi
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mehrdad.rahimi.en65

Do you have the chance to adjust the angle-rotating arm in the test block from the command line to the desired angle value?

Message 8 of 9
mehrdad.rahimi.en65
in reply to: Anonymous

It is not possible to adjust the angle for the block dynamics via Command Line, but you can control the rotation by adjusting the (ang type) value to (increment) in the (Volvo Set) feature. This can be done by snaping on the rotation grip or by selecting from a list (block properties table). For this type, you have to make the settings of block properties table and set the number of grip to zero.

MeHrDaD RaHiMi
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mehrdad.rahimi.en65

Thanks for your reply. exactly the situation I want can be found at the link below. what I want to do with LISP or for each angle value I can prepare my blocks. Because it will be different for each antenna you make with blocks that will prepare. Is there a different solution.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks-forum/set-the-dynamic-ellipse-to-the-desired-property-...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost