Did you mean: 

Set dynamic visibility to viewport???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sean.keohane
1063 Views, 3 Replies

Set dynamic visibility to viewport???

Hi,

Is it possible to have 1 instance of a dynamic block  (with multiple visibility states and/or look up properties)  in your drawing and view a different visibility state or look up in different viewports?

thanks

Sean

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rapidcad
in reply to: sean.keohane

If you mean automatically, yes, I believe it would. I am running a reactor code that detects my current space and fires a dimstyle and style setting lisp (to provide seamless scaling of objects without using annotative scaling). I suppose that lisp could be written to check for the presence of your particular block, then set the proper visibility state for that particular viewport.

ADN CAD Developer/Operator
Message 3 of 4
fkellogg
in reply to: rapidcad

So, Mr. Powell, I too am looking to do this. AutoCAD 2017.

I have a plan section of a desk, at two different levels, and recently did a display case with nine levels.

I find that building levels on top of one another helps me get everything to line up.

Has any such code been written, maybe into ACAD?

BTW. I hope in the ensuing years, you have given Annotative objects a try.

They allow fewer dimstyles, text styles, and layers, etc.

C. Frank Kellogg

Message 4 of 4
fkellogg
in reply to: fkellogg

With the woodwork shelving unit that I had with nine plan sections, I simply made nine copies of the DB, and applied (modelspace) dimensions and notes to the differing items in each level. Showing differing Visibilities per Viewport would only work if one were to do all dimensioning and notation in Paperspace. It could be done in modelspace with different layers (freezing layers per viewport), but that would get more confusing exponentially.

I don't remember what I was working on that prompted my original search for this topic, but now I think I'm OK with making copies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report