section cut symbol dynamic block not stretching as expected

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nicolloabe
484 Views, 5 Replies

section cut symbol dynamic block not stretching as expected

hi everyone! 

I'm currently developing a dynamic CAD block of an architectural section cut symbol. I saved my progress by creating two versions of it:

1. the first one is able to stretch, rotate, and flip properly. But what I needed was for the text attributes within the section bubbles to remain constantly horizontal. A quick work-around that I found was to add rotation variables for both ends, and the user would manually rotate them - but I wanted to make it so that AutoCAD does it automatically as you rotate the block. 
  2. So I developed version two by following this helpful guide, https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/how-to...

Now the text attributes remains horizontal as I rotate the section block. But something weird happens when I start stretching the ends of the block - and the annotation text becomes misaligned. I tried multiple combinations to try and resolve this but for the life of me I can't figure out what's needed to be done. 

Attached are the blocks in question. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you! 

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: nicolloabe

Try the attached suggestion.

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
j.palmeL29YX

Even if that was not your question - if I were you I'd add a small improvement as demonstrated in version_4. But that's your choice ... 

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
nicolloabe
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I learned quite a bit from tinkering with your block and checking the attributes, appreciate you for sharing the DWG. file. 

I actually made one small change to your version 4 by adding another stretch parameter ("Stretch 3") and creating two stretch actions set to a Distance Multiplier of 0.5. This way I can make sure that the origin stays at the centre of the cut symbol even though either side are stretched. Attached is the file for others to tinker with as well. 

nicolloabe_0-1653832669152.png

thanks again! 

Message 5 of 6
hwalker

You don't need to add those two stretches. If Distance3 has it's "Basepoint" set as MIDPOINT the 0 of your block will always be 0

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 6
nicolloabe
in reply to: hwalker

you're right - i ended up modifying my block again to only have a single Distance parameter. This works much more better - thanks for the suggestion! 

nicolloabe_0-1653919059086.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta