Rebar

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
adper27
831 Views, 10 Replies

Rebar

Hi all

Have anyone knows how to add value or dimension to my rebar dynamic block? I have seen a block also from this forum and that text or value was in field. How I can do that using the field or is there an easy way? See below image.

many thanks in advanced.

rebar profile.jpg

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: adper27

POST THE BLOCK with any inquiry.  The image file is not helpful, the block file is essential.

There are various ways.  Probably the easiest way would be to add an actual dimension to the block.

Message 3 of 11
adper27
in reply to: Libbya

attached block below..

Message 4 of 11
hwalker

Study the attached block it's Shape Code 44

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 11
adper27
in reply to: hwalker

thanks, when I stretched the block. why is the value or the length of a segment still fixed to the default value.

Message 6 of 11
hwalker

You need to do a regen and then the values will update.

They're linked to lines on the defpoints layer which are stretched when the relevant line is stretched

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 11
Libbya

As I mentioned in my first post, dimensions are probably easier than fields if they can work.  In this case, I believe they can.  Here's hwalker's block with dimensions added for the text rather than using fields.  The advantage is that the values update immediately without any regen.  The downside is the little dots at the dimension points.  

Message 8 of 11
hwalker

The problem with using dimensions is that when doing reinforcing it needs to be rounded to the nearest 5mm for individual lengths or 25mm for the overall length, which is what my field codes do.

And there are lots of other fiddly calculations to do as well, which is why your 1035 dimension for the total length is wrong.

Here is the calculation.

L=A+B+C+D+E-2r-4d

R=12 D=6

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 9 of 11
Libbya

Hwalker, I'm not familiar with the needs of rounding off rebar lengths, but what you describe (accurate rounding) is much more easily doable using dimensions than formula fields.

The block you posted does not seem to do what you suggest, though.  The actual value of A and E is 248.  The actual length of B and D is 146. The actual value of C is 246.  The actual value of A+E+B+D+C=248+248+146+146+246 = 1034.  IF rounded to the nearest 25mm, that would equal 1025, not the 975 your field block displays.

My last block also had an error in calculation due to the way it was set up, but I had all rounding to the nearest 5mm.   

Here is a version that rounds each to value to the nearest 5mm and the overall length to the nearest 25mm.  

Message 10 of 11
Libbya

Ah, I just caught your description of the added curve values.  As I said, I'm not at all familiar with the way rebar is measured or the values need to be displayed and so I'll abandon my attempt at guessing how the desired value is arrived at.  Regardless of that, IMO it is still easier to achieve the necessary formula values using dimensions than using formula fields and the added bonus is the immediate displayed value.  The downside is the dots.  

Message 11 of 11
ToanDN

@Libbya

Sorry for posting an off topic post.  I was trying to send you a PM regarding my suggestion to nominate you to become an Expert Elite due to your long time valuable contribution but your PM is disabled.  If you are interested, please message me back.

-Toan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta